• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 3080ti FTW 3 Ultra overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

Just seeing what she can do. Open to suggestions for better results. Just barely fits in the old fractal R5 but it made it in without removing any hd cages. please forgive the dust and spider webs. I sprayed it out right after this with compressed air.

thumbnail_IMG_20210806_214711269_HDR.jpg

Quick and dirty results after playing around with precision X1. I got it to do +165 core with 40 on the voltage slider and power/temp sliders maxxed. +180 core crashes quickly no matter what.
+165+0+40mv.png

This is with +165 core and +1000 memory. Running at +1100 gave a worse score than 1000 and the core seemed to run a little slower so I kept it here.

+165+1000+40.png

Final run at +165core +1000 mem +40v and fans at 100%. With temps under control core clocks stayed between 2000-2050 for most of the test with temps mostly in the low 70's. Was a bit loud though. This card would probably do well with a ginormous accelero extreme V with triple 120x38mm delta fans or a nice water cooler.

+165+1000+40maxfan.png

I'll put some scores up next week once I get my system together. Thanks for taking the time to post these!

Looks like I'll be almost doubling my overall performance with this upgrade.

Attachments

• Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_8974_1628742950.png
    Superposition_Benchmark_v1.1_8974_1628742950.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 79
Sounds good. Looking forward to learning how the get the most out of it. +165 wasn't stable in control in 4k with max settings and rtx. +150 lasted longer but froze eventually. Trying +135 now because adding voltage for stability just seems to add heat and lower the clocks anyways. I may also try extra voltage with a higher fan speed to see how it compares to just slightly lower clocks and lower heat.

Be careful on the voltage and fan speed. Most cards, the fans are part lf the power allowance. It isnt about cranking voltage/fans and see what happens. :)

That said, I don't think I've overclocked mine outside of the review.

Be careful on the voltage and fan speed. Most cards, the fans are part lf the power allowance. It isnt about cranking voltage/fans and see what happens. :)

That said, I don't think I've overclocked mine outside of the review.

I wonder if I should strap on the old triple delta 92mm fans with external fan power and control I was using on the accelero extreme IV with the 2080ti. Maybe I could have someone 3d print a triple fan shroud to add a little space between the fans and the fins and seal the edges for maximum pressure. I'm pretty sure those fans are beefier than any built in video card fans.

EDIT: I guess it wouldn't be that hard to cut a shroud out of a flat piece of plastic. Hmm.

I wonder if I should strap on the old triple delta 92mm fans with external fan power and control I was using on the accelero extreme IV with the 2080ti. Maybe I could have someone 3d print a triple fan shroud to add a little space between the fans and the fins and seal the edges for maximum pressure. I'm pretty sure those fans are beefier than any built in video card fans.

EDIT: I guess it wouldn't be that hard to cut a shroud out of a flat piece of plastic. Hmm.

The screaming goodness of Delta fans! Are they 92x38mm or 92x32mm or 92x25mm?

It gets through the benchmark ok but +135 is stable in game. I need to play more to make sure. I could probably make +150 or +165 stable with voltage but the extra heat drops the clocks and cancels out the gains.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The screaming goodness of Delta fans! Are they 92x38mm or 92x32mm or 92x25mm?

25mm thick

It gets through the benchmark ok but +135 is stable in game. I need to play more to make sure. I could probably make +150 or +165 stable with voltage but the extra heat drops the clocks and cancels out the gains.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

25mm thick

When you think about it Brando, the 135Mhz. overclock you're getting out of your 3080Ti is like getting a 300+Mhz. overclock out of my 1080Ti.

I suppose if you think about it that's not too far off. I'll take it!

I suppose if you think about it that's not too far off. I'll take it!

Brando I don't suppose you have any before/after benchmarks of your gaming library do you? I'd like to see how much of a perf. boost you got in non-RTX titles. Is DLSS also better on ampere than it was on turing?

Brando I don't suppose you have any before/after benchmarks of your gaming library do you? I'd like to see how much of a perf. boost you got in non-RTX titles. Is DLSS also better on ampere than it was on turing?

I only really focused on a couple games when I switched over. Skyrim in 4k with enb and tons of mods went from 25-35 fps with the 2080ti to 45-55 fps with the 3080ti. In Control in 4K I was getting about 45fps with the 2080ti with dlss quality and RT cranked along with other visuals. Now it's always at 60+. I need to turn off vsync and double check the total difference. I'll let you know. As far as the effect of the overclock itself it's a few fps but it's free so why not.

EDIT: FPS in control in 4K is around 75 average. It seems that the regular performance and the dlss performance are both improved. I can't say how much performance is coming from where but the overall effect is significant.

ps if you haven't had the chance, control is a cool game :thup:

Gonna mess with OCing the 3080ti later this week and get another benchmark at that time. My new build is done, the performance bump is massive.

OLD PC
Superposition_Benchmark_7700k2080rtx.png

NEW PC
Superposition_Benchmark_5900x3080tiRTX.png

Are you folks using Precision X1 for the OC adjustments?

I've only used precision to turn off the RGB and update firmware, lol. Otherwise I stick with afterburner.

I'm using precision x1 at the moment but it doesn't really make much difference either way that I'm aware of. Afterburner and precision both let you overclock and adjust fans. Afterburner may have an edge on OSD though. I haven't tried any performance overlays yet with precision x1.

Back