• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA EVBOT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Extreme overclocking when you need to have fine control over voltages in your hardware to squeeze that last little bit of performance out. Probably most often used in conjunction with extreme cooling when not having to go back into the bios to make adjustments would be helpful, and probably more control than using a program in your OS to make the adjustments.

Extreme overclocking when you need to have fine control over voltages in your hardware to squeeze that last little bit of performance out. Probably most often used in conjunction with extreme cooling when not having to go back into the bios to make adjustments would be helpful, and probably more control than using a program in your OS to make the adjustments.

However, for only a handful of EVGA boards.... seems silly...

Its target market is not a 'weekend' overclocker really. Those who dont overclock much or push very far dont(and shouldnt) get a $300+ motherboard. It would be good to see it as an option at least for their whole line, but that would likely raise costs for the low end boards as well kind of defeating the purpose...simple business there. Know your target demographic with the product you are trying to sell! Cant sell ice to an eskimo!

For those boards that can use it, it seems like a useful tool for benching. And it just came out...I expect to see more boards that will eventually make use of it, or something like it.

Note that someone was able to mod it to work on an ASUS ATI card:
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1694#post1694

Also, why does it seem silly?

I dunno... Something about a tool to do the job of an experienced overclocker. This thing takes the science and experience and puts it in a piece of hardware...

Like using a calculator to do simple math...

It does the same thing as the BIOS does though...its adjust voltages, FSB, etc on the fly in windows. It doesnt take the science or the experience out of it as the same process is still used as far as finding the right voltages and experimenting. It doesnt do the work for you like a calculator. Think of it like counting on your fingers and writing it out... ;)

A good example of why this works, especially for the extreme crowd or those that hit a wall (me)... I cannot push past 523FSB (4.707Ghz) with my BIOS settings. The use of this tool and other windows based utilities like SetFSB/Asus EasyTune6 allowed me to push right through that. Im not sure why/how that specifically works, but I know the "Pros" use those tools seemingly to push past FSB walls. In fact, I just started a thread a couple of days ago in the benching lounge and aside from some voltage suggestions, they said to use SetFSB and it worked. Gautam said it gets the last xxxMhz out of your rig.

I dunno... Something about a tool to do the job of an experienced overclocker. This thing takes the science and experience and puts it in a piece of hardware...

Like using a calculator to do simple math...

Depends on how you use it.

I can see it allowing you to do overclocks that might otherwise be impossible. Like with CPU that is cold bugged at -80°C, it can let you ramp up the voltages as you cool the CPU with LN2 in ways that might not be possible within the OS. And rebooting back into the BIOS might not let you hit your peak cooling/OC curve as you have to warm and cool to avoid being bugged.

It does the same thing as the BIOS does though...its adjust voltages, FSB, etc on the fly in windows. It doesnt take the science or the experience out of it as the same process is still used as far as finding the right voltages and experimenting. It doesnt do the work for you like a calculator. Think of it like counting on your fingers and writing it out... ;)

A good example of why this works, especially for the extreme crowd or those that hit a wall (me)... I cannot push past 523FSB (4.707Ghz) with my BIOS settings. The use of this tool and other windows based utilities like SetFSB/Asus EasyTune6 allowed me to push right through that. Im not sure why/how that specifically works, but I know the "Pros" use those tools seemingly to push past FSB walls. In fact, I just started a thread a couple of days ago in the benching lounge and aside from some voltage suggestions, they said to use SetFSB and it worked. Gautam said it gets the last xxxMhz out of your rig.

You have it and used it? Or are you just guessing?

I have not used it, no. However its clear how it works and what it accomplishes over BIOS overclocking. There are other tools just like it (from Asus?). What are you suggesting I am guessing at? Am I mistaking? Did I misread the article now and a month ago?

Torin has done a more than admirable job in filling in any blanks on its usage.

Last edited:
I have not used it, no. However its clear how it works and what it accomplishes over BIOS overclocking. There are other tools just like it (from Asus?). What are you suggesting I am guessing at? Am I mistaking? Did I misread the article now and a month ago?

Torin has done a more than admirable job in filling in any blanks on its usage.

Alot of members just reply for the sake of replying and really have no idea what they're talking about... So the type of reply indicates you've used it...

Now Torin sounds like he's used it...

Anyway... the point was that its only used for a few EVGA boards and nothing else. SO you're SOL if you had Gigabyte board... and wanted to get it.

Alot of members just reply for the sake of replying and really have no idea what they're talking about...
Your first post wasnt looking for specifics that required the actual use of the product so I replied with what knowledge I have from reading the product page the day it came out, as well as other posts at other sites where people have used it (Evga, XS, etc) and also using the windows based tools it is quite similar to. You asked "why?", and I knew why, so I replied. Judging by word choice Torin used, "It just seems like" and "I can see it allowing...." he hasnt used it either. So why single me out??? Anyway, I am an avid bencher and reasearched items like this before. Not to mention, in the benching lounge, there are a couple of threads on this. So I shared the knowledge I learned. Thats what forums are all about.

If I am incorrect in any way about what I posted, I do apologize. I dont mind being corrected at all...

Anyway... the point was that its only used for a few EVGA boards and nothing else. SO you're SOL if you had Gigabyte board... and wanted to get it.
Sorry I missed that point. Though like I mentioned, Asus(?) Has a similar tool, though it doesnt seem as encompassing.

Last edited:
Yep, never used it, but I've been paying attention to it, as I'm planning on getting the EVGA E762 motherboard. And if I'm spending $500 or so for a motherboard, another $100 might be a good investment to wring the most performance out of it. Plus if they have a combo deal, I'll probably snach it up. I'm also going to be watercooling the CPU and the chipsets.

I have an EVGA GTX 285 Classified and Im not sure the EVBOT would be worth it for GPU only.

I dont bench so for my app. doesnt seem like I will ever need it.

Unless Im missing something?

I have an EVGA GTX 285 Classified and Im not sure the EVBOT would be worth it for GPU only.

I dont bench so for my app. doesnt seem like I will ever need it.

Unless Im missing something?

Doesn't look like you'll need it.

Back