• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Now Rejecting RMA for SLI or PCI-E Connector Wear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hotrod717

As title states EVGA is now rejecting RMA for intended use and wear. I RMA'd a 1080ti KPE for no video output. Black screen at post. Windows boot, you can hear audio, but no video. I received an email stating my rma was being rejected for "damage" to pcb. I called and spoke to several people in RMA and it seems that EVGA changed their RMA policy for 2018 and my RMA is rejected. I asked if i could pay for repair and they said no.
The odd thing is, i didnt use this card in sli and did not see this "damage" before I shipped it to them. I certainly didnt think it would be reason reject it if i did. Unfortunately, i do not believe i have pics of card before i sent it.

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 2.png
    2.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 1.png
    1.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 398
  • 7.png
    7.png
    396.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 9.png
    9.png
    424.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 5.png
    5.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
That's disheartening. Their CS has always been outstanding. It's their biggest selling feature.

You sure it's just not because it's a Kingpin card? They know that those are extreme enthusiast cards and will probably be tortured.

Tell me about it. I own and have bought a lot of EVGA products based on their reputation. New Policy, Beginning of the year, I fear their core values and leadership have changed. Exactly the reason I am posting. I do not want others to feel this sting because they are going off a reputation that seems to have have disappeared.

Ask them specifically what is causing the card to fail. If the "damage" isn't what is causing the loss of signal then they are on the hook regardless. The FTC just got cranky about warranty exclusions and this might be a good time to press the matter.

Judging from the pictures, that looks like nothing more then some normal wear on the contacts. I can't see any damage there at all. I'm with Alaric, push the issue. There's no reason that normal wear on those contacts could cause issues.

Yeah I would fight that. It doesn't look abused to me, just like normal wear. I would work my way up the chain there.

Sounds like dealing with Asus RMA, they have even been caught taking pictures of different boards and saying it was damaged by the customer...

Now I always take a ton of pictures of anything before I send it in, fool me once...

As soon as they sent the mail rejecting rma, i immediately called them. I called and emailed the person that sent the email, no response. I called their main line and followed the prompts. First spoke to a cs rep. And then a supervisor. I was put on hold 3 or 4 times, but they kept coming back and saying the same thing. I was extremely polite throughout. The only thing i said that could be scrutinized, although perfectly true i believe, during last 10 sec is, " If this is how EVGA is now handling RMA's, you are going to lose more money than the cost of this $1200 card".
At this point, I dont know who to go to for further debate. I also posted this on other forum where it gotten a good amount of attention, 6 pages and 40+ posts in 48 hrs.

post it on the EVGA forums. quite a few evga employees there
The first place i looked. Seeing all the unresolved threads, i didnt think it would get me very far. The gentleman that did not respond to my email or messages and rejected my RMA is the moderator for the warranty/RMA threads. He didnt respond to my previous attempts. What is the chance he does on THEIR forum?? Even after I called, it was a CS rep. and CS supervisor i talked to. Not anyone in RMA.

File a complaint with the FTC, and then let EVGA know you have done so. Given the FTC's very recent statement on illegal warranty shenanigans, maybe it'll get EVGA's attention.

Last edited:
This is really disappointing. Thank you for posting, man. I would definitely try push a few more buttons with FTC like guy with brain avatar and others mentioned.

This is really disappointing. Thank you for posting, man. I would definitely try push a few more buttons with FTC like guy with brain avatar and others mentioned.
also take note the box pics are after they rejected the rma. Their was no red "RJ" sticker or writing on inner flap when i shipped it. What purpose do these pics serve??

also take note the box pics are after they rejected the rma. Their was no red "RJ" sticker or writing on inner flap when i shipped it. What purpose do these pics serve??

If i had to take a guess, the pics of the box are to show you that the card came out of that box and not some other customers box, but it really doesnt show that it is actually your card in the pic.

Do you think they would drop that low and take a pic of someone else's card to get out of replacing the card?

There is nothing in that picture to show that the card is yours. No serial number sticker.

I would also post this on their facebook page. You'll see you'll get a quick response. That's total BS they're trying to pull. I haven't owned an EVGA product in years because of their shiestee maneuverings with RMA's. Much like Asus.

I would also post this on their facebook page. You'll see you'll get a quick response. That's total BS they're trying to pull. I haven't owned an EVGA product in years because of their shiestee maneuverings with RMA's. Much like Asus.

If they dont reach out to me by Tuesday. I will. This thread and others show unanimous support. Amazingly, not one person has argued in EVGA's favor.

:rofl: I guess that's one way to relief a tense situation
Some humor can't hurt in desperate times

But how does Tim feel about that?
Sorry, I read the sig and had to. It's why my mom made me go to special schools.....
Thats a good one!!! Hadnt looked it that way before.

:rofl: I guess that's one way to relief a tense situation
Some humor can't hurt in desperate times
True.

Update: I had also posted in another forum ( http://www.overclock.net/forum/69-n...ting-rma-sli-pci-e-finger-connector-wear.html ) that EVGA has been prevalent on over the years. That site Admin got involved on my behalf and appears that EVGA has overturned their original decision and will be honoring the RMA. I'm not sure when I'll get the new card or what it means, but will keep those interested updated.
I do notice someone here has some ties with EVGA, since Overclockers is getting products for review. Funny how little response this got here. :shrug: :eh?:

Back