• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA SC GTX 1070 clock speed jumping around?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

EVGA SC GTX 1070 clock speed jumping around from 1932MHz to 1873Mhz back and forth at 67c while gaming, is that normal?

Vellinious

Yes. Boost 3.0 doing what boost 3.0 does. Raising / lowering voltage and clocks to keep the GPU within the best operating temps.

Vellinious

Yup. Unless you're using the voltage / frequency curve to overclock the card...and even then, you'll still see it a little bit once temps start bumping up a little bit. I've seen voltage / frequency changes with the GPU core temp as low as 24c. Hard to verify any lower temps, as the stock voltage isn't enough once the temps get that low, to push the clocks high enough to hit another "temp layer". They happen about every 10c or so.

OP
W

wingman99

I see clock speed change without temperature change, do you see that with your cards?

Vellinious

Yup. When I'm not using the voltage / frequency curve to overclock and lock in a specific clock at a certain voltage.