• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA SLI Bridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myler709x

Hey guys Im new to the PC building scene and recently just completed my first ever build. I decided to add a second EVGA 1070 to my machine and was wondering if I should buy the EVGA SLI bridge or just use the one that came with my mother board? As I dont know a whole lot about any of this stuff yet I was wondering the advantages or disadvantages of it.

Thanks for the help!

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
The bridge that came with your motherboard should be fine. IMO no need to buy one from EGVA if you already have one.

:welcome: to the forums. Be sure to set up a signature with your PC's info. It can be helpful for others to help you with other questions about your system.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
While a regular SLI bridge will work, The Pascal cards do take advantage of the new HB (high bandwidth) bridges. EVGA, MSI, NVIDIA, etc make them.

You can do a quick Google search to see if it's worth the extra $25 or so to you.