• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Z390 Dark & Lian Li PC-V3000 Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep I've read that. I'm less concerned about RT as it isn't in a ton of games yet, but odds are it'll advance over the next year or so, especially over SLI with Nvlink.

I was reading some posts that the 2080ti cards take up a ton of power, especially the FTW3 Ultra. At the end of the day, I needed a new PSU, already have a 1000w P2 which could be used for smaller builds, so for a new purchase go big or go home.

Yep I've read that. I'm less concerned about RT as it isn't in a ton of games yet, but odds are it'll advance over the next year or so, especially over SLI with Nvlink.

I was reading some posts that the 2080ti cards take up a ton of power, especially the FTW3 Ultra. At the end of the day, I needed a new PSU, already have a 1000w P2 which could be used for smaller builds, so for a new purchase go big or go home.
Then you could have saved HUNDREDS and used the KW PSU and bought a more appropriately sized unit for the 'smaller builds'. Sorry, I'm a stickler not overbuying on the PSU... ha! Either way, you are set and this is an incredible build! :)

I don't know if it will respond in SLI in games as it does not in SLI for compute/work though.

Last edited:
MattMan57 - beautiful build, truly but that case has me extremely jealous. i actually checked to find one and no one has them in stock

kudos on the build bud

MattMan57 - beautiful build, truly but that case has me extremely jealous. i actually checked to find one and no one has them in stock

kudos on the build bud

Much appreciated! If you get the chance to grab one, highly recommended. Aside from the few things I call out earlier in this thread, it's super easy to work in.

After long last, the GPUs are on water. :)

Full list of things done in this mini tear down
-Hydrocopper blocks installed on GPUs
-Changed top tubing route to run next to the top radiator as opposed to below it. Makes it easier to get to RAM, fans, fill port on res, etc
-Setup a drainage valve at the bottom of the GPUs. This is the other lowest point in the loop. Will make drainage from top radiator to bottom GPU much easier
-Cleaned up GPU power cables and added some cable combs
-Replaced the pump's 4 pin PWM connectors to black connectors. Blends in better with the board

The waterblock installation wasn't TOO bad. I had never put waterblocks on a GPU before so took my dear sweet time with it. This youtube video was also very helpful. The hardest part was definitely disconnecting the 3 fan cables on the stock cooler. The single RGB cable on the front wasn't that bad, nor did I have much trouble connecting the RGB cable on the waterblocks.

Need to finish bleeding the system, there's water stuck in the GPUs so gotta get that done before running any benchmarks. But aside from that, feeling very good!

Attachments

• 20190407_003304.jpg
    20190407_003304.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 428
  • 20190407_003332.jpg
    20190407_003332.jpg
    617.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 20190407_003401.jpg
    20190407_003401.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 420
  • 20190407_005607.jpg
    20190407_005607.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 426
Great build and great and very usefull blog, congratulations!

I just completed a build in the same case. My build is exclusively for work, various computational workloads. I wish I was diligent in taking pictures along the way for blog, but of cause I was not. Agree with your comments on the case, I also had to dremel out in the same spot. One additional comment is that I wish space behind main compartment is wider, I was not able to fit all the cables in it.

Thanks for the blog!

Back