• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

excess hardware!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelkahl

Another dollar another day...another motherboard another day...another processor another day...another hsf another day...
I could go on, but I won't. I could almost build another computer with all this excess hardware...and this wouldn't be the first time it happened. I have an XP2200 I don't use, Asus mobo I don't use, and a Taisol hsf I don't use. I also have a spare 360W power supply...all I need now is a case, some ram, and video card. I have optical drives and hdd's to spare out of my main rig. Another monitor is no problem either. What are we to do?

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
Build another computer. Can never have to many.

No selling here outside of the classifieds, by the way.

Thelemac

Administratively Deficient
The people suggesting it are being kinda rude since he doesn't have 100 posts yet...

OP
M

michaelkahl

thanks for all the advice...a friend of mine is going to purchase them, he needs to upgrade...he's still running an athlon 800 with a rage128 16mb video card

DarkJediSleikas

IMO, you can never have enough computers :D .

However, if you'd rather have some extra cash, you should sell the parts that you can get decent money for, and keep the other parts as back-ups. It's always nice to have a backup socket A CPU around, like a Duron, if you computer stops working and you don't know why.

Last edited:

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I had this problem, if you can call it a problem. I am building a Folding Home Entertainment PC. After a Newegg order all I have left to get is a little more ram.

ToledoSteel

I generally sell the parts I am replacing to help cover the cost of the upgrades. Generally I only end up paying 1/2 of what it would cost. Oh, and Ebay is your best bet for selling things. Not that there is anything wrong with the classifieds, I use them, but people here are much more price savy than the Ebay users.