• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EXPIRED] EVGA B-Stock GTX-980ti KPE and Titans in Stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

If you have some extra cash, EVGA has some excellent older video cards in stock. They are listed as B-Stock (minor scratches and dings but still works) and come with a 1 year warranty..
They have several GTX-970, 980, 980ti, 1060, and Titans. On the Titans they have the Titan and the Titan Black :)

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8

rainless

Old Member
I dunno... Is $329 really a good price for a refurb 980ti in nearly-2019?

Alaric

It still costs less than the lowest priced refurb GTX 1070 on newegg, and only the Classified and Kingpin are over $300. For 1080p on a tight budget a $300 980 Ti from Evga isn't the worst you could do. That's $200 less than my 1070 was, for roughly the same performance.

It still costs less than the lowest priced refurb GTX 1070 on newegg, and only the Classified and Kingpin are over $300. For 1080p on a tight budget a $300 980 Ti from Evga isn't the worst you could do. That's $200 less than my 1070 was, for roughly the same performance.

Hell my non-TI can still do 1440p if I don't need to crank any of the heavier settings like AA. Add in that these have 1 year warranties opposed to many refurbs that have 30 days standard and they aren't half bad.

Alaric

Yeah, I thought $299 was a pretty fair price for that level of performance in an Evga card, refurbed by Evga. I've seen some refurbed gear that looks like they just hosed it off in the parking lot. LOL

maxfly

ugh prices have gone up quite a bit since the 1st! $299 for a 980ti and $349 for a 1070ti. they should be selling the 980tis at $199 to move em!

rainless

Old Member

Yeah, I thought $299 was a pretty fair price for that level of performance in an Evga card, refurbed by Evga. I've seen some refurbed gear that looks like they just hosed it off in the parking lot. LOL

ugh prices have gone up quite a bit since the 1st! $299 for a 980ti and $349 for a 1070ti. they should be selling the 980tis at $199 to move em!

Agreed! This isn't just some dude selling them out of the back of his van... This is the company that made them trying to clear out very old B-stock. Can you imagine how many 1060, 1070, and 1080 refurbs they have laying around by now? I'm sure the extra space would be more valuable to them, at this point, than another 100 bucks a card for cards that old.

Alaric

Can't lessen the perceived value, though. They don't want any EVGA cards to be perceived as "cheap". It also helps maintain resale value for their customers, an important part of the "value equation" that makes their cards have a more premium status and being directly marketable at a higher price. If they want you to pay $xx for a Nvidia GPU they have to try to convince you that you aren't just getting gouged. Resale value is a big part of that.

kracht pip

Great card for overclocking but reality is unless one is taking a Kingpin card "cold" there really isn't any reason to get one over another GTX 980.
I got a 160l tank and a few more mid-large dewars laying around

I want to do some LN2 again but I do not want to gamble with 1500$ GPUs nnever got a chance to really learn GPU freezing, 230 for a KPC? yes please... my only question is if the 980 is a card that has a low CB and scales well with ln2 n voltage. I could give a crap about a HWBOT pt these days I just want to OC got a slim pot to play with untill ii can snag a large pot

Mandrake4565

Mr. Clean Senior Member
I got a 160l tank and a few more mid-large dewars laying around

I want to do some LN2 again but I do not want to gamble with 1500$ GPUs nnever got a chance to really learn GPU freezing, 230 for a KPC? yes please... my only question is if the 980 is a card that has a low CB and scales well with ln2 n voltage. I could give a crap about a HWBOT pt these days I just want to OC got a slim pot to play with untill ii can snag a large pot
Then it's the card you want! I agree with you about not blowing up $1500.00 hardware. I love picking up older equipment and turning the screws on it. The Kingpin forum has everything you need to push the card as far as you want to take it. My card has only been on Dice and it's a beast! I've hit near 1900 Mhz on the core with it and was still conservative with the voltage. If I had it on Ln2 I believe it had quite a bit more left in the tank.