• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explorer not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drenader

Hi im trying to fix my neighbors computer. She is running xp home and connects via yahoo dsl. She connects the the internet fine, but explorer wont display webpages. An error pops up saying something along the lines of "explorer can not open this page". I restored the computer to an earlier date bu still no websites. It connects to her instant messenger service and pings out just fine. Do you think i need to do a factory restore? Or what else can be done. And how would i go about doing a factory restore. The computer is a dell btw.

Thank you

Dre

Yakbak

Is Internet Explorer set to use a network proxy? If so, try disabling it, and also UNCHECK "Detect Connection Settings Automatically".

Maybe load the IE6 setup file (450kb) on a floppy disk, downloaded from another computer from microsoft.com, and re-install IE6.