• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extending desktop to TV from laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badbonji

Spec is in sig, all I want to do is basically be able to watch films on my 32" 1080p tv in my room. My desktop is ill atm so I am forced to use my MSI GT725 Laptop (spec in sig)

When I plug the cable in, the tv becomes a clone of the monitor, but goes to a low resolution for some reason...
So I try to change from clone to extend to the TV, but then the monitor just goes blue, with nothing on the TV and followed by a BSoD. I am at a loss, even cloning at 1680x1050 caused the BSoD...

I am using standard CD drivers for my laptop, installing any other CCC does not work, resulting in the setup running all the way through, and nothing actually installing (No driver, CCC or anything!?!). Not sure why but from my experience, ATI Drivers suck. Please prove me wrong :bang head