• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External HD box??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

touser

Hi all, i am looking to buy some type of external box that can hold a bunch of ide hd's and has good cooling that i can place next to the computer in my sig as i have run out of room completely to put any more drives in. If anyone knows of any for sale it would be greatly appreciated, otherwise i'll most likely have to build one.

OP
T

touser

Thanks for the reply fiji, but i can't seem to find what i am looking for.. is there a certain section i should be looking under? Because i can't find it under cases or case mods.

OP
T

touser

Thanks again for those links fiji, unfortunately they are not what i am looking for :(. I need some type of small box with a rack so that i can mount say 6 hard drives in the box itself, and then just place that box next to my computer and run the ide cables for those hard drives from that box to my computer. I think i may just end up making one out of some plywood and i'll put 2 120mm fans in it to keep everyhting nice and cool.

fiji

hmmm well i dont know i fyou can buy these, but my case comes with a removable hdd rack that you can mount fans in not sure if you can buy em though

case is a chieftec server chassis

mtedder

Registered
just the ticket!

I think this is what you are looking for Link! . Yes its a Ebay aucton, but this company has been selling off older products at great prices. Good luck.