• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

External Radiator setup....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikd1978

External Radiator setup w/ pictures.. comments?

Because of the case and me not wanting to hack it up , i decided to create an external unit for cooling the water. Check out the following pictures I took of my project....Does this effect anything?

I took an external 4 bay cd-rom tower unit with p/s in it... I did the fans and radiator setup and also the bleeder valves and water pump in the unit. The tubes come out the back and go to my PC. I use Dis. water with Water Wetter.

Comments?

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Nick

Adamu

It looks like you did a great job with it. I was thinking about doing something like that for my dads computer.

Like Ottoman said you will probably have a lower flowrate since you have to use more tubing. Other than that and it being more bulky I can't think of any other downsides to your setup. ;)

OP
N

nikd1978

My flow seems very nice. I am using the Emiem <sp> pump. I also do not have to deal with the Rad. in the case sitting in that warm/hot air and then being cooled. Its my first shot at W/Cing

Nick

DKYoda

I use an external Plexi case for my Heater core/Pump ..
Its really nice now since I can move the external box to the window and let it inhale all that nice COLD air !!! hehe

KathodeFuZion

Registered
Looks good. The only down side to that is your blowing hot air through that radiator. But hey, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Nice job.