• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme OC/Cooling for G4 ti4600 GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

The core on the G4 ti 4600 is the hottest GPU in the world. If you think a G3 is hot, wait till you feel this card. I've managed to get my core to 320MHz tops, and that's with a Alpha 1U cooler and a stock cooler from the Visiontek G3 on the back on the back of the card. I don't think there's anyone that I 've heard who voltage modded a G4 ti 4600.. If you have please speak out with before and after results. If anyone is using a pet or water cooling let us know your max stable core speed. Use the Wolfman Demo with 4xAA for stability test since it more sensitive and stresses the card more than 3dmark2001.. thanks in advance..

It's quite sad that we haven't seen more info on them. One person posted some elses results..lol that's funny.. I wish someone who actually did the mod themselves responds. Would you agree that even at stock speeds is a monster to cool?? I don't think you can do a vmod with air cooling... It just seems like too much heat to handle. 375/800 is a amazing clock speed. I would love to see the actually card in action. yet I don't believe that those speeds are running at stock cooling.. I think that's bullsh1t. I'm sure you agree..

I have my concerns that stock cooling keeps that card cool enough.My card is at 320/720 and my temps are at 49C under full load.I lapped the heatsink and took the stock fan off and super glued a blue orb fan to the visiontek heatsink.Then I put a 50mm fan blowing down on the back of the chip.I Have an 80mm fan bringing in fresh air to my cards and another 80mm fan blowing on the card.At that point I was still kinda high so last night I moved my computer to the basement....dropped 13F,not sure if I will get any better using air. Pics are here if you are interested.

EDIT: I use digital doc 5 with the sensor attached to the back of the chip

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77338

yeah I read all that a few days ago.. the blue orb fan is pretty powerful for such a little thing.. too bad the blue org itself is horrible. I'll try to get pics of my mod.. I'll post them as soon as I can...

Back