• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme tuning Utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

Does anyone know why this program isn't increasing my cpu speed? I change my cpu speed, and when I open up hw monitor its not changing. Its been awhile since I've oc cpus and yes I know I should be doing bios, I was just seeing for my self is this program works at all, I remember using this program a long time ago on a 5820k and it over clocked and it worked, but for some reason I think im doing somthing wrong and I dont remember what I did last time to make this program changing my cpu speed, is it a bios setting?

TUF X299 MARK 2
i7 7800X

I haven't used XTU in ages. Sorry, I'm not much help. Maybe try a BIOS OC and see if that takes. If not then you know it's not a software problem.

It should just work. Reset bios to optimized defaults and try again. Make sure you're hitting apply ame on the latest bios version of the board.

It works on my HP Pegatron X79 motherboard. The motherboard has no OC controls in the BIOS, no multiplier/ratio adjustment and no Vcore adjustment. So I used XTU to set the multiplier to 44 for my E5-1620 LGA 2011 Xeon CPU. It's been running at 4.4 GHz for 6 years now.

Back