• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extremely High Voltages on MSI Z270 SLI w/ i7-7700k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrewT123

So, I was trying to set up an overclock on my 7700k, but when I went to my motherboard's bios to start overclocking it showed crazy high voltages without me having ever previously modified the bios (besides XMP). Despite the VCORE being set to auto, it showed that it running 2.040v, and that the CPU IO, CPU SA, and PCH were all running the exact same 2.040v number (all set to auto), and that that the DRAM voltage was running at 3.984v. Is this safe for my processor?

Picture of MSI command center showing the same voltages as the bios:
Capture2v.PNG

Last edited:
Not safe and not real either. If your CPU really was at 2.0V it wouldnt be at 40C on idle even.

What's odd is it seems like several items are double what it should be... 12v rail = 24v.. 5v is 10v...vcore 2.04...etc..

Flash the bios to the latest version is my suggestion.

I already have the bios on the latest version for my motherboard. What is interesting is that even if I when set the DRAM voltage to 1.2 volts or 1.3 volts, the bios will always show 3.984 volts

Okay, just reflashed my motherboard to the latest bios, but it still shows 2 volts on the VCORE and all other villages are still as insane as they were before.

It idles in the 30°C to 40°C range and gets up to 91°C during a stress test while being cooled by a Hyper 212 Evo. Would this be considered normal temps for a stock, non-overclocked 7700k (besides XMP and MCE)?

btw, I just noticed that the motherboard's system temp is also bugged, MSI command center shows 133°C constantly(see original post), the bios shows 0°C, and HWMonitor shows 5°C, which is interesting.

HWMonitor:
Capture2vF@H.PNG

Those temps are normal for that CPU with that cooler and do not reflect that high voltages reported are an accurate report. If they were actually that high your temps would be through the roof. You're safe up to 100c I believe but we usually hedge a bit and say 95c.

Back