• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eyefinity with 2x AMD 7850s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Desync

I currently have 2x XFX Double D 7850s and 3x Dell S2440L monitors.

I am currently running 2x HDMI + 1x VGA to DVI (adapter)

My monitors support HDMI + VGA
My video cards support 1 x HDMI + 2 x Mini DisplayPort + 2 x DVI (1 Single Link, 1 Dual Link).

My question is, do i have to use one of the mini display ports in order to get eyefinity working?

if so, would http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...flag=true&pageMode=searchmode&fs=saas&seeAll= work?

When you xfire two cards, they act as one card, keep this in mind.

When you need anything above 2 monitors with AMD cards, you WILL need to use DP ports. So if you want 5 monitors, the first two can be vga/hdmi/dvi but the next 3 will all need to be display ports.

Technically if you did not setup crossfire, you can setup four monitors without even needing a DP port. As each card acts independently.

But for "eyefinity" to work properly (your game to recognize the 5760x1080 (or what ever res), you need to SLI the cards and use DP ports for anything above 2.

Back