• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eyefinity with two different resolutions? Or...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

So I have my main 4k monitor which I would like to game on and at the same time I recently got a 720p TV all hooked up and working fine. I want to use this companion display as a place to view teamspeak, go on the internet, etc at the same time as I am gaming.

I tried to use Windows (it's currently on "Extend these displays" but it doesn't appear to function how I would like it to. The taskbar shows up and my currently open programs show on the taskbar, but they do not appear on the display - they appear only as taskbar objects. Desktop icons don't appear either. I envisoned it as being able to move my mouse to the edge of one screen and it would reappear on the other. Tried setting up eyefinity and it appears to work somewhat like I described but my main display gets set to a weird resolution like 3840x720 or something.

How do I get it to work with both displays at their native resolution?

EDIT:

Please delete - figured it out using Windows only. Displays weren't arranged correctly.

Back