• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H stats in your sig: not just for Linux anymore!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK...I dloaded the file, changed it to sig_check.pl, went into start>run, browsed to the mksig dir, selected sig_check.pl, got back to the run window, added sig to the end (C:\mksig\sig_check.pl sig) and ran it. the perl window flickers and thats it. Then I ran mksig.pl and it added the file "sig" to the mksig dir. I opened the sig file and its just the code that gets sent for my sig. So far it all makes complete sense to me except the 2 line output you are talking about. I can't find that anywhere, nor do I see it when anything runs. Am I just not looking in the right place? Where exactly are these 2 output lines outputted too? Thats what is confusing me...I can't find them anywhere or see them in any window.

GTFouts said:
OK...I dloaded the file, changed it to sig_check.pl, went into start>run, browsed to the mksig dir, selected sig_check.pl, got back to the run window, added sig to the end (C:\mksig\sig_check.pl sig) and ran it. the perl window flickers and thats it. Then I ran mksig.pl and it added the file "sig" to the mksig dir. I opened the sig file and its just the code that gets sent for my sig. So far it all makes complete sense to me except the 2 line output you are talking about. I can't find that anywhere, nor do I see it when anything runs. Am I just not looking in the right place? Where exactly are these 2 output lines outputted too? Thats what is confusing me...I can't find them anywhere or see them in any window.

output is everything after you type the commands "sig_check.pl sig" or "sig_check.pl sig 1". if you don't see anything after you type the commands is what christoph would like to know, so he can tweak the code. hopefully everythign is a-ok and he won't need to change much after this.

Attachments

• sig_checkv22.gif
    sig_checkv22.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 110
See there..if you wouldn't have put that screen capture of you using the command prompt window I would have just gave up. My problem was I was running it from within windows using the Start>Run window, not the command prompt window....DOH!!! So of course I couldn't see anything cause windows shuts down the window as soon as the prg was finished...hence the flicker...fast prg for sure!

Mine outputs:

sig_checker v.22
Your sig takes up 3903 B and seems to be of size 9.

Looks like it works ok to me.

Cool. I'll be adding the sig checker to mksig as soon as I'm done with the generic seti and folding sig_gen scripts, at which point I'll update the documentation in the first post. I'm shooting for having the first three done by Sun evening. I apologize to any newbies who see more than 200 posts worth of info to filter through, but the documentation will be done when I can get to it.

FizzleFiend, give this a try. I take it you are only running 1 instance of FAH, so this is modified for just the FAH directory and not for the FAH\FAH1 and FAH\FAH2 directories. It might work, can't promise tho. It is close enough that you should be able to figure out the rest.

Dont forget to rename this as sig_gen.pl

Attachments

• sig_gen.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
You don't need to touch the user cp. Once you've given mksig your info (username/password/prefs) and got sig_gen so that it outputs some cool bbcode when you run it, just run mksig and it'll take care of the rest.

Christoph. I have a question about the "sub color_grad" section.
On these 2 lines:

$start_rgb = shift; #"ff00ff"
$end_rgb = shift; #"00ff00"

There are color numbers in there, yet if I enter different color numbers in the string declaration at the beginning, the "sub color_string" section will use those instead of what is in the "color_grad" section. (This is a good thing, and am glad it's that way.)
For example:

#starting/ending color for folding line
$fstr_start = "97ffff";
$fstr_end = "ff00ff";

these are used for this line

$folding_str = color_string($fstr_start,$fstr_end,"Folding for team 32 in Loving memory of my Father!");

My question is, what are the color numbers for in the "sub_grad" if it uses the string colors you entered in the variable instead?

Since I am assuming that the GRAD function is where it determines what the step colors will be, and the STRING function is where it puts together all the different colors of the letters, I am a bit confused as to why it doesn't use the colors defined in the GRAD lines. Just curious is all. Trying to understand it a little more so as to play with it some without totally destroying it.

why can't I get this to do properly seems I have done everything I should then ARGH..code is for a different mind...who is going to make an 1 click for this..input user names and passwords and your folding directories and blhamo it makes your cool sig?

The stuff after the # is just comments with examples of possible valid parameters. IIRC, I put them in there earlier so wouldn't forget what the parameters were supposed to look like.

FizzledFiend: I've got the generic SETI@Home script all done, so a pretty (although not mind-boggling) fill-in-the-blanks F@H script is next on the agenda.

Christoph, have you taken firewalls into account for your mksig.pl? If the firewall is blocking Perl.exe, mksig still goes through the motions of "logging in... logging out".

FizzledFiend, when you run mksig.pl, what does your screen say?

Edit: Try this sig_gen.pl for now (lob off the .txt at the end), it's my current one, but edited with your folding information. I looked up your Folding name and EOC_ID, so all you have to do is drop it into your c:\mksig directory and run mksig.pl. The font size is small, but if it works for you, then you can move on to bigger and better things. If it doesn't work, you can try wipe out the c:\mksig contents and download the newest mksig.pl that Christoph just posted.

Edit2: oops fixed now

Last edited:
Thanks for finding that. I've added a couple cases that will explicitly fail and exit when the script can't connect. I can't (or don't have the patience to) test them with a firewall, but they die correctly when I disconnect from my LAN. That can only mean...

update time
The current version is .63 and can automatically be upgraded with autoupdate enabled. As mentioned above, mksig will now fail and exit when it can't connect, instead of pretending that everything's alright.

Also, any crunchers in the vicinity will find a new script in the first post.

I just updated to your newest mksig.pl, I could have sworn that "none needed" flashed before my eyes.. can you try a v0.62 autoupdate against a v0.63 and make sure I'm not trippin out?

edit: i speak good english in the morning, ugh. saw the new seti script on the OP. nice job once again, those seti guys should be bouncing around in their boinc-y chairs. :p help with regexes again?

here's the (relevant part of the) source for my eoc summary page that i'm grabbing some stats off of..

Code:
    <th>Rank<div class='tblsub'>Team</div></th>

<th>Points<div class='tblsub'>24hr Avg</div></th>

<th>Points<div class='tblsub'>Last 24hr</div></th>

<th>Points<div class='tblsub'>Last 7days</div></th>

<th>Points<div class='tblsub'>Today</div></th>

<th>Points<div class='tblsub'>Week</div></th>

<th>Points<div class='tblsub'>Total</div></th>

<th>WUs<div class='tblsub'>Total</div></th>

</tr><tr bgcolor='#FFFFFF'>

<td align='right'>601</td>

<td align='right'>374</td>

<td align='right'>0</td>

<td align='right'>2,619</td>

<td align='right'>0</td>

<td align='right'>0</td>

<td align='right' bgcolor='#EFEFEF'>18,693</td>

<td align='right' bgcolor='#EFEFEF'>203</td>

and here's what I'm using to parse it

Code:
for ($p7d) {
  s/[\n\r]//g;
  s/.*WUs.*Total//g;
  s/<td align='right'>[\d,]*<\/td>//;
  s/\D*//;
  s/([\d,]*).*/$1/;
}

I suck at regexes. I'm looking for the 4th stat, "2,619", which is points in the last 7 days. Can you shorten out that code to look for the same thing?

Edit.. I think I got it now... I'm arraying all the variables from the 4 different tables...

Attachments

• eocsum.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
this is a test, and only a test. if this actually works I will be impressed :)

ok douwnloaded the new stuff. grabbed your file and removed the [1].txt part of it

still looks like I am skipping a step..I get no pop-up telling me anything..should I be doing something in dos?

Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Fox Roshak>cd C:\mksig

C:\mksig>sig-gen.pl
'sig-gen.pl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\mksig>mksig.pl
Checking for updates...failed
Could not get update from server: Unknown error
This session will modify FizzledFiend's sig.
checking if your sig_gen should be updated...no
building sig...Couldn't download Stanford's page. at C:\mksig\sig_gen.pl line 13
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\mksig\mksig.pl l
ine 245.
Use of uninitialized value in string at C:\mksig\mksig.pl line 250.
OK
Use of uninitialized value in split at C:\mksig\mksig.pl line 513.
Use of uninitialized value in length at C:\mksig\mksig.pl line 257.
checking sig length (will enforce rules)...OK
logging in...failed
failed to retrieve login page.
Please make sure that Perl can connect to the outside world.

C:\mksig>

Two things: First, sig_gen.pl is spelled with an underscore, not a dash. Second, Make sure that any firewalls you're running aren't blocking Perl.exe.

Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Fox Roshak>cd c:\mksig

C:\mksig>sig_gen.pl
Couldn't download Stanford's page. at C:\mksig\sig_gen.pl line 133.

C:\mksig>

no firewalls, no AVS, no nothing running...however I am behind a router does peral run on a special port?..shouldn't mater as I am in the DMZ in moy routers setings

Sorry I know the reason, try this one, i snipped off code some of the XML code =X but you're doing the right thing, just run mksig.pl again like you did before.

Attachments

• sig_gen.pl.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 101
Back