• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H stats in your sig: not just for Linux anymore!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
JerMe said:
I think it's b/c it was looking for your unitinfo.txt in the wrong place, notice how it couldn't find the file, line 63? That's my C:\Program Files\FAH\unitinfo.txt location. Your location was in your D:\ drive, I recall? Anyhoo I made the location as a variable at the top of the file so hopefully that'll make it easier.

That's what I thought it might be too, but I still get the same error now...... one thing I did notice though is that it's not downloading the XML stats for AU or H, just the ocforums.... might that have something to do with it?

hmmmm. Well I tried adding the print statement outside of the entire statement. Inside the statement and then inside the quotes but it didn't work. Just got a load of errors.

mtb856 said:
That's what I thought it might be too, but I still get the same error now...... one thing I did notice though is that it's not downloading the XML stats for AU or H, just the ocforums.... might that have something to do with it?

backup your current sig_gen.pl and try this one (the one I'm using right now), hopefully something is different now that'll make it work:

Attachments

• sig_gen.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 119
Bingo..... you were right the entire time, I just looked at it wrong.... I had to make a few small changes, but it worked.

This what I had to do for my directory...... I was wondering why it said FAH\unitinfo.txt didn't exist.... I forgot I have two FAH folders to go through.
Code:
#---------=======Enter unitinfo.txt location========----------#
for $n (1, 2) {

$unitinfo_loc="D:\\Program Files\\FAH\\FAH$n\\unitinfo.txt";
}
#---------=======Enter unitinfo.txt location========----------#

Thanks for the help troubleshooting Jerme :)

[edit]

hmmm, no errors, but the sig isn't showing up......... :eh?:

Well, I figured it out again....... messed up on my EOC ID, still isn't showing up here yet, but maybe that's b/c I haven't made a new post yet.

Last edited:
nj with the for loop :)

try deleting everything out of the c:\mksig directory except sig_gen.pl, mksig.pl, and mksig.conf, then try it again?

I give up for now. Onto a new quest. Since I'm a programming newbie; how do I add a color string like there is at the top of the sig with varying colors but at the bottom of the sig. below all of the data.....

$folding_str = color_string($fstr_start,$fstr_end,"Build! Borg! Recruit! Fold for the points! Fold for the cure! Fold for Team 32!");

print "[ font=monospace][ size=1]$folding_str\n[/size][/font]";

Will print in size 1 all colorful,

Build! Borg! Recruit! Fold for the points! Fold for the cure! Fold for Team 32!

Okay, should be working now..... this is just to test it.

BTW, how do you get rid of the random color for the "BUILD, BORG...." part if you just want it to color shift evenly?

I couldn't find how you were randomizing it.

Last edited:
sig test..

umm.... i followed the instructions. That does NOT look like my folding stats...

I don't wanna read 4 pages to find out what I'm doing... *sigh*

EDIT: Looks like I kinda got it. Now, if only I could edit it to look the way I want it to...

Last edited:
Welcome to the sig editing club, C_B :)

I'd try Jerme's sig_gen at the bottom of page 4, it's worked the best for me so far. Just copy his sig_gen over the one that you currently have and it should work with a little modification.

Okay, here's the steps that I took to load it.......
1) Open up Jerme's sig_gen and copy everything in it.
2) Open up your sig_gen.pl and overwrite everything with it.
3) Change Jerme's username to yours, change his EOC# to yours, and change the directory for FAH to whatever it is on your computer (follow the double \\ scheme for going through directories, though).
4) Save and exit the sig_gen.pl
5) Double click mksig.pl to run it and load your new sig.

mtb856 said:
Okay, here's the steps that I took to load it.......
1) Open up Jerme's sig_gen and copy everything in it.
2) Open up your sig_gen.pl and overwrite everything with it.
3) Change Jerme's username to yours, change his EOC# to yours, and change the directory for FAH to whatever it is on your computer (follow the double \\ scheme for going through directories, though).
4) Save and exit the sig_gen.pl
5) Double click mksig.pl to run it and load your new sig.

Thanks! now... I wish I knew how to edit it to look like I want.

Like this:

sig.JPG

or something like that. Since I am having my computer update every 3 hours, it will always be on track... so, I want to see what I always look for in my sig, so I don't have to go and check...

You should be able to get that by doing this...

1) go into sig_gen and scroll down (it's near the bottom) until you see a lot of "prints"
Code:
print "[font=monospace][size=2]$folding_str\n[/size][/font]";
print "[font=monospace][size=1][u]$user\'s Folding Stats[/u]:".$spcr3. "[u]This Rig's Current WU[/u]:$spcr2\n";
print "Score:$pts".                     "$f_prog[0] :$f_name[0]\n";
print "[color=#333333]---------------------[/color]          ".$spcr1.                     "$f_prog[1] :$f_name[1] \n \n";                         
print "Pts (24hr avg):$ppd".		 "$line1\n";
print "Pts (7days):$p7d".		 "$line2\n";
print "Work Units:$wus".                 "$line3\n";
print "Clients (7days):$cpu".            "$line4\n";
print "Team 32 rank:$rnk ($r7d)".	 "\n";
print "$ocau_output".			 "\n";
print "$och_output".			 "\n [/font][/size]";

2) make a new line after the last one and paste this into it.

Code:
print "Points Today: $p2d";

and that will give you the points that you got so far today.... I don't think there's one for points last 24 hours though.

^
that didn't work. Not sure why, but nothing new shows up with that code.

Also,

how do I get the numbers to align? they're all over, and un-neat! UNACCEPTABLE! lol
EDIT: I fixed it, by adding this code:

$spcr4= "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x 2 . "[/color]";

and then,

$pts = $spcr4 . "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x $pts_pad . "[/color]" . $pts . $spcr1;
$ppd = $spcr4 . "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x $ppd_pad . "[/color]" . $ppd . $spcr1;
$p7d = "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x $p7d_pad . "[/color]" . $p7d . $spcr1;
$wus = "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x $wus_pad . "[/color]" . $wus . $spcr1;
$cpu = $spcr4 . "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x $cpu_pad . "[/color]" . $cpu . $spcr1;
$rnk = "[color=#$invisible]" . "_" x $rnk_pad . "[/color]" . $rnk . $spcr1;

probably the hard way, to manually make the spaces...
but, I don't know coding, but could follow it enough to do it that way :)

Last edited:
that's what I've been doing..... just looking at the code and figuring out what it does. I've done C++, so that made it a little easier, but it still took a little while to get used to how Perl works...... nice job on the sig :)

Ok, it's nighttime now, Mr. Coding Christoph, where art thou? :)

I think GTFouts has a lot of good ideas for your new nifty spiffy jiffy code. Here's my wish.. I guess since you have time now, you can parse through EOC and Stanford pages for the different stats available. Seems like everyone has different tastes for what they'd like included in their sig, and it'd be cool for them to just add the $variable name at the bottom, once they know it.

Definitely something to check the sig length, both tall and wide.

Could you add something to snag unitinfo.txt on other computers in the LAN? Perhaps variables at the top for number of folding instances, code to retrieve unitinfo.txt on LANs, and if there are multiple CPUs in the LAN it'd add progress curves in the sig (e.g., 4 CPUs running 1 F@H instance each around the house, 4 locations, it'd add 4 progress curves automatically.. or something to that effect?) Some people might like that.

For the XML, I was using XML::Simple, so there's definitely more stuff that you can do with the XML functions, I just don't know it... I'm sure you'll take that to the nth level..

Please please please rewrite the EOC parsing code, if you'd like you can write mod-friendly regexes that make it easy for us to grab the stats we need off of the EOC summary page (like points 7 days and points last 24 hours). When I wrote it, a lot of people were having trouble with it.

I know I added (hacked up) stuff to your code, so if you'd like to use any of it, use the idea of it, etc. feel free. If I can help in any way at all, just say the word. We're waiting for your next code! :)0

Woah. Some of you guys are...wow. Incredible what you guys have done.
Now if somebody could just condense the knowledge gained in this thread, I think we'd all be served...something like Wedo's One Click Guide?

Include user examples, etc.

/thanks JerMe for the stats man

I'm around. I think I accidentally got a test version of my new gradient code hack working, so something that works in a sig_gen should be coming up shortly.

The only bad thing is that I wrote a really sexy line of code, but I then realized that I didn't actually need it. I'll post it here, just because I like it that much. What it does is assign the nth element in the second list to the nth element in the first list if the condition is true. It's a slick way to swap two variables without using a temporary third one. It'd take 5 or so lines of code in languages like C or java, and wouldn't be nearly as clear. If you know lisp or scheme, this will be very familiar to you. Most of you probably don't, though. ;)
Code:
($max,$min,$range) = ($min,$max,-$range) if ($range < 0);

Anyway, once the gradient hackery done, I'll got nuts with stats, length checking, throwing the seti guys a bone*, updating the first post of this thread and whatever else I find or can think of.

*This is mainly an excuse to link to something in the folding forum from the seti forum. I don't plan on defecting. ;)

Back