• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

With the current turmoil at [H] , I wonder if it will affect the folding project . In particular our quest to get the top teams to put out 5 million points by yearend .

CharlesHF

Cowboy X said:
With the current turmoil at [H] , I wonder if it will affect the folding project . In particular our quest to get the top teams to put out 5 million points by yearend .

Turmoil at [H]??? What's up over there?

Gnerma

Re: Re: [email protected][h]

CharlesHF said:
Turmoil at [H]??? What's up over there?

That question came to mind when I read cowboyX's initial post as well CHF, although I somewhat knew what he meant..

He is referring to the strong possibility that the [h] DC team will switch its focus to another project. This is due to the fact that the [email protected] project seems to be getting plenty of help from Google & other areas and their cycles could possibly be more useful in another project.

BUT it seems that this will (if it does at all) happen after meeting (or not) their two current goals. Those being the internal '2 million points by Christmas goal' and the joint '3 for all new years gauntlet' goal.

Gnerma

Cowboy X said:
... Many have been banned some are lleaving , I don't doubt that folders are included .

BTW put that new rig to good use . it's sad to see all the bribes I gave and still i didn't win ;) .

Okay had not heard about that (drove for 10 hours total today to the San Francisco bay area and back). That is an interesting situation.

My comments on the situation itself...

don't jump to conclusions about number manipulation until you have that hardware yourself and you recreate these tests.. Also, ever seen the poll results at [H]? Whenever it has to do with anything 'Intel vs AMD', AMD wins the poll 3 to 1 (at least). Kyle & Steve know this, and they know that if they sold out to Intel their community would eat them alive..

Will this affect the folding team? Perhaps, perhaps not. I know if some of the dedicated forum members decide to leave the organization some may join other teams/projects. Looks like both of the situations mentioned may effect [h]'s numbers.

I will put that new rig to good use, you have my word on it ;)

OP
Cowboy X

Cowboy X

I can't see it happening( if you mean the [H] problems ) here though we have had our issues . It's all about mutual respect , something which seems to be lacking over there . As well as the ability to say I'm wrong or sorry .

OP
Cowboy X

Cowboy X

As I suspected , several [H] folders have defected already some have mentioned this in the Xtremesysforums which seems to have a mini [H] community there .

It would be interesting to see how their production increases ( it has already BTW ) and how big of a hit [H] suffers .

skou

I am glad, and continue to be glad, that this is my favorite site.

I have never seen an abuse of advertising, or fabricated testing on this site, either here in the forums, or on Ed's front page. There has been personal bias, which I understand, but very little lying and fabricating to sell any products. That is the MAJOR reason I call my this site as my favorite site.

To all the mods, senior members, and Admins that keep MY home so clean, I say THANK YOU.

steve

Wommalong

skou said:

I have never seen an abuse of advertising, or fabricated testing on this site, either here in the forums, or on Ed's front page. There has been personal bias, which I understand, but very little lying and fabricating to sell any products. That is the MAJOR reason I call my this site as my favorite site.

To all the mods, senior members, and Admins that keep MY home so clean, I say THANK YOU.

steve

Same here, thanks guys:D keep it up;)

SpeeDj

skou said:

steve
It's you guys that make this place great, we simply have the means to keep it running smooth that is all, without you guys there wouldn't be a forums. So in reality the thanks should go to all of you time and again :)

J :sn: So THANKS! :)