• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F***ing Awesome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

its red, has fancy gold thing on it.

ok. so its a regular card.

this is the Rice of video cards just like Chaintech.

Rich_T

Are there any disadvantages on running that card on a board that only supports 4x (e.g would my normal MSI Ti 4200 4x run better on my Asus a7v333 as it only supports 4x) ?

Rich_T

Dissolved

takiwa said:

...pretty much.

Hm, depending on the price.. that maybe just worth it for the games. but as agp8x isnt much of any perfromance gain, its more just of another way to get $. i wouldnt want red in my case anyways :|. If that card could beat the albatron(sp?) ti4200 128mb then it'll be worth it. but if not then its a total waste. can i say bragging rights for n00bs?

takiwa

when you have the 9xxx series out, competing with the 4600, and the NV30 just around the corner (as well as the rumored .13 micron 9xxx's), you would think this is a marketing ploy to sell the 4200 at a higher price than it's worth...slap a gold HS on it, add a red board, and throw in 2 or 3 decent games...voila! you got a $200 price tag! Their top priced card right now is $160 on NewEgg, and I see this one with 8X AGP, the new cooler and the game package selling for more than that. Is a Ti4200 worth that right now? JMO...

Dissolved

takiwa said:
when you have the 9xxx series out, competing with the 4600, and the NV30 just around the corner (as well as the rumored .13 micron 9xxx's), you would think this is a marketing ploy to sell the 4200 at a higher price than it's worth...slap a gold HS on it, add a red board, and throw in 2 or 3 decent games...voila! you got a $200 price tag! Their top priced card right now is $160 on NewEgg, and I see this one with 8X AGP, the new cooler and the game package selling for more than that. Is a Ti4200 worth that right now? JMO...

i just payed 200 for my albtron ti4200. altho its almost a 110% promise ill pass ti4600 speeds.

so it just depends what u need, and want. if you have the money then get whatever. but id rather get a reg ti4200, and oc it. You dont need anything more unless ur a 3dmark *bad women word here*.

mihai

One vote for Albatron Ti4200P Turbo card too!

I don't know if there's a Ti4200 card that could beat the Turbo...

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
Dissolved said:

Hm, depending on the price.. that maybe just worth it for the games. but as agp8x isnt much of any perfromance gain, its more just of another way to get $.

That and it somewhat helps reduce bottlenecks in the systems and boost its effeceincy. :)

Dissolved

Kinerry said:
The albatron isnt a true value card, it costs almost as much as a 4600

Hmm it oc's higher then a ti4600. thats why. theres a whole point in the card, u buy it to oc. its only the best sub 200 gf4 u can buy speed wise.

snvpa

I would imagine that albatron is going to release an 8x agp version of the ti 4200 turbo. It will probably be called a ti 4280 turbo. they already have the standard 8x 4200's on there site. that will be the card i buy. I see good long term value in a 8x card. I don't buy cards that often so I'll look to keep it for a couple of years. I don't need the latest or greatest and I won't pay more than 200 dollars. i hope albatron keeps this card pretty much the same cost as the 4x. maybe a little higher.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
8x AGP is a waste...no card even uses all of the bandwidth of the 4x...this a is marketing ploy...even if a card COULD use all the bandwidth...no other bandwidth in your computer could keep up...so either way...8x AGP will be nice LATER...not now, not with these cards

snyper1982

man im getting tired of hearing people say that something is a marketing ploy. if you dont like it, then dont buy it. but dont complain about new technology coming out. myself, i personaly LIKE the fact that they are continualy pushing the envelope. i like the fact that there is always something new coming out. if 8x werent important then i coubt developers would put time and money into making it. it may not be useful NOW but it has to get released sometime, and right now is as good a time as any in my opinion.

Emericana

the new gainward ti4200 nv28 is gonna destroy that

128mb 2.8ns Ram w/ 8 layer pcb

seeing how my old ti4200 gainward would do 330 stock cooling you are getting one killer card here... too bad they wont be out till like christmas

takiwa

it may not be useful NOW but it has to get released sometime, and right now is as good a time as any in my opinion.
...sure, any time is a good time to make money...even if the consumer won't see any real benefits from it for the next year at least... :rolleyes:

With faster cards out, manufacturer's will equip the older models with newer features to keep them sellable for as long as possible before they decide to bail out, leaving the consumer high and dry on support and updates/upgrades...that is why it's called a marketing ploy...umm...because it is.