• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fading Power Supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

Im running a enermax power supply 465 watt. Below my signature shows my sytem. This power supply is about two months old. Ive noticed now though cant go past 1.952 where it hold rock steady via asus probe in windows. However the bios is reporting 1.97 where it should be in bios. My five volt rail is avg at 4.972 in the probe also. My overclock has fallen to a crappy 2.04 where it is now rock steady vs from my signature clock. My thinking is either the chip has degraded somewhat or my powersupply has? Ive reseated the ATX connector on the board but the bios vs Probe reading got that second thought in my mind about the powersupply not fadeing and more like the chip has. In the past I do remember the probe reading 1.97 volts for the Vcore and the 5volt rail sticking to 4.97-5.05.

Last edited: