• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failed WU since upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
I upgraded Unit 1 to an MSI GTX 1070 Seahawk yesterday. WU failed. After the upgrade I uninstalled F@H, including the data file, then reinstalled latest version. Also have the latest WHQL drivers from NVidia. BIOS on GPU updated as well.

I'm wondering if an older WHQL driver would be the answer to this issue; or other thoughts?:confused:

My R9 290X is about to fold on a Linux distro in a new Unit in progress. So there's that.......

Many thanks Whitehawk! :thup: The 1st frame is stable, most welcome advice; at 3% the F@H control shows 470k ppd>:salute:

Now to get the other box configured. After lunch. And ball tossing with Elvis.

Nice. Sounds like you have some good points going up on the board.

Thanks Don. Headed in the right direction. Been struggling for three days to get something going on a build, just finished installing Ubuntu 15.04. Typing on it now. Installing the R9 has been the real challenge. I tried Linux Mint 17.2 first, just couldn't get the right driver combo, kept crashing. AMD does show a driver (downloaded) for this Ubuntu release. Working off the iGPU at the moment.

Any suggestions to smooth this ride are welcome.

Otherwise, I've also been on Unit 1 working most of the day. First light this a.m. showed 607k PPD so it looks like it'll rock once I get all my pecans in the pie.

I have never been able to get past the install and very basic use of Linux (any flavor). I may try again at some point but I know Windows and will stick with it for now.

Back