• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fair Price for a used video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deptmaster

What do you guys think would be a fair price for a used Chaintech GeforceTi4200 128MB with a thermaltake VGA cooler attached? I'm going to upgrade to a 128MB 9800 Pro I'm putting out a cheap dell computer for $200 and I know a guy thats trying to put together a budgit gaming box.

Thanks, Ian

FarEast

Most Generous Member
best think to do is go to e-bay and look for the same card and how much it is going for there. I have done that for a few items including a digital camera.

Sir Barton

FarEast said:
best think to do is go to e-bay and look for the same card and how much it is going for there. I have done that for a few items including a digital camera.

kind of off topic.....but is gainwood a new card company? :D its gainward....no wood here....jus ward. thought id let ya know, no flames intended ;) change your sig lol.

attack

I'd say 60-70, 50 seems too low for 128mb version, you can't find 8500's for under 50 unless you search around and wait for a deal.

dustybyrd

I gave away my last Ti4200. :rolleyes:

I think it might be worth about $50.

hey, if you have anything else you want to sell...just let me know, i'd love to buy from you at that price...

a ti4200 with 128mb ram is worth $75 shipped ($65-70 in person) IMHO (check ebay, newegg refurb...these classifieds)

unless, it can overclock to ti4600 speeds...then maybe $85-100...depending on how high...

CamH

dustybyrd said:

hey, if you have anything else you want to sell...just let me know, i'd love to buy from you at that price...

a ti4200 with 128mb ram is worth $75 shipped ($65-70 in person) IMHO (check ebay, newegg refurb...these classifieds)

unless, it can overclock to ti4600 speeds...then maybe $85-100...depending on how high...

I gave it to a friend who was using a Voodoo 3. :D It clocked at 305/320, or so.

Overclocker550

Id like a better ocing ti4200 than my own, see my thread in the "wanted" section. anyway ti4200s are worth $70, more if they oc good :D