• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fairly new to Water Cooling Need Advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok should be getting my parts on a 3 day shipping six days later, tomorrow. :shrug:

Anyway, I changed my mind on the direction flow since I went with the Bay res. Picture attached. Look good? Any reasons why it should be different?

Also I would like input on the best place to place to place the flow meter. At the beginning or my choice the end of the loop?

Thanks in advance...

Put flow meter between "last" block & Res.

If you put it between pump & "first" block, you know you'll have (max) flow, so thats a bit useless :)
If you would put it between Res & pump (if separate pump & res), it would only indicate how much suction your pump can bring - the Res is a bit of a "dead tide" thing.
Thus the only sensible place is between "last" block & Res... then you'll know what remains of the flow after it has gone through all blocks/rads.

Put flow meter between "last" block & Res.

If you put it between pump & "first" block, you know you'll have (max) flow, so thats a bit useless :)
If you would put it between Res & pump (if separate pump & res), it would only indicate how much suction your pump can bring - the Res is a bit of a "dead tide" thing.
Thus the only sensible place is between "last" block & Res... then you'll know what remains of the flow after it has gone through all blocks/rads.

Just to make sure we're on the same page the flow is bay res pump > CPU > 360 radiator > GPU block > drain valve > 240 radiator > flow meter > bay res.

Quick question...On the front rad is it better to blow air out of the case of pull it in.

Quick question...On the front rad is it better to blow air out of the case of pull it in.

You'll want to pull in fresh cool air for all the rad spots imo. Especially when they're filtered or hope to be. :D

A small update after rads, fans cpu block installed. Testing fans...One noisy... it's a mess right now so don't laugh to hard...

A small update after rads, fans cpu block installed. Testing fans...One noisy... it's a mess right now so don't laugh to hard...

Nice. It looks like its coming along. Keep us updated with many pics. I see some nice fans and rads there. :D That WB looks so sweet with that MB. Can't wait to see it light up.

Yeah, It's coming a long great Conners :D yep testing everything and doing it right really pays off :clap:

Whilr doing the GPU block I don't know what this means....

EKWB recommends using small drops of electrically non-conductive (for example: EK-TIM Ectotherm, Arctic Cooling MX-2 ™, MX-4 ™ or GELID GC-Extreme™) thermal grease on each phase regulator (that is being covered with thermal pad) in order to even further improve the thermal performance of the EK-FC R9-290X DCII block.

Is that on all thermal pads?

Never mind I put it on every thing but memory that had pads. Like section 2 & 3. But I don't really see what good it does.

Last edited:
Another small update, methinks I need a few 90's or also a few 45's. Not real happy with the drain valve thingy. Image l8r internet funky right now.

Finally one drive updated... I may make the front rad push/pull, I got the room in front of the rad. Getting there, but lack a few parts. Can to believe that one of the gpu back plate didn't come with the proper thermal pad... :mad: I can still put it on but I don't want to put water to it just to have to take it apart to put the back plate on.

Looks good conners!

Make sure you don't have any of the fittings being stressed too much. The lower CPU fitting looks like it is being stressed a bit. That can cause a leak. My guess is you're waiting on some angle fittings.

What size tubing is that? 1/2" x 3/4" me thinks.

I plan on putting a 90 there. I had one but it was to short and would rub the block before it got tight. :rain:

I am using 7/16" x 5/8"tubing. Ordered some monsoon 90's (may have wished I got some 45s) today with a filter set for the 760T. Mainly interested in the top filter since the front and PSU already have filters. Also ordered some M4x30mm to mount fans in front of the rad where the 140mm fans were.

Last edited:
Drilled and put a grommet on the drain valve hole for ez access. Photo taken with my Nokia 1020. Heck of a camera on a phone...

This is what I am talking about with the fans in front of the rad. I can mount the like the 1st picture. any one see problems with that? Or I can probably ger 35mm length screws and mount it directly to the rad to match the back fans as seen in picture 2.
Thoughts?

I can't break it down to any more simple terms. Going push 'pull would give a bit better performance at a bit higher noise. As GTX said, you will be able to run fans slower for the same performance which held curb that bit more of noise.

Back