• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan choice for SP-94

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TT Quiet Tower Heatpipes

Hey Chaos,

Thanks for the info. That was a great review !!

I think the new one is a bit lighter. I actually think that the aluminum fins will exchange heat better. The finish on the foot of the heatsink is much much better. Still lapable a little !! I am waiting for an excuse to open my case to install it.

Probably when the Spark 7 gets to me. I didn't install the face mounted pot. I opted for a 12V direct hookup with connection to the mobo fan to regulate speed. It varies about 200rpm.s between 41 and 55 degrees. (wicked noisy) As I recall the TT Spark 7 only provides 43cfm at max rpm. Hardly worth the noise.

You wouldn't happen to know if someone has installed this in a case like mine ??

Thanks,

BL

Cool, good luck with that heatsink! Post some results when you switch it out (because you know you want to, right? :D)

As far as mounting it with your case, I don't know if anyone here has done it but I"m sure someone has. I'd think that you would have the room at least. Maybe you could check out the "Modding Xaser III" thread here in the cooling section (it tends to get bumped to page 1 daily.) There may be the info you want there, but I can't be certain. Its over 70 pages long, I"ve actually been reading it this evening (I don't have that case but a lot of the mods there are great ideas and could be used on other cases,) I"m on page 23 now, haha :eek:

Thanks

Hey Chaos,

Thanks for the tip on the mod forum. Yea, I do have a digi camera and will take some pics of the mod, I don't propose that I'll do as good a job as some that I have seen here on this board, but I'll give it a try, if it would help other people. Who knows I learned about laping the bottom of the giant this week. I'm a little weary of tightening the fastener to my CPU and board. The review that you steered me too, said the same thing.

Back