• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan controller Q?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@/2ct!<

I am looking at several drive fan controllers. The vantec Nexus which I want comes with 3 fan controllers and a light controller. I was wondering If I could use a 3 pin Y connector so 1 knob controlls 2 fans @ identical speeds.(this way I can control all 5 case fans?)

ClarkKent

Completely do-able as long as you watch the WATTS. Double check how many WATTS each channel will support and then you should be able to fit on at least two fans depending.

sterVin

the problem clarck is suggesting, is that 2 fans may draw too many amps and blow the whole circuit. If you were to get an industrial type rheostat that can handle that stuff, it would be fine but be careful.

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
1 amp x 12 volts = 12 watts..I think that Nexus is good for 18 watts per channel..Thats a amp and a half..1.5 amps...One Tornado 92mm 12 watts/ 1 amp..:D