• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Fan noise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

marty

I just bought an Alpha heat sink with the opitional Delta fan. It is too loud for my tastes. Is the Sunon fan that is also available with the Alpha PAL 6035 any quieter than the Delta.

I put another brand fan on the heat sink because I couldn't stand the noise from the Delta!

Thanks.

Thanks Tim,

I finally got my BIOS switched to reach the 1.9 volt level that I needed for my PIII700. (I don't need to monkey with the pins as we were discussing earlier this week.)

However I did the BIOS at the same time that I installed an Alpha cooler so I am not sure whether the cooler or the voltage was most important to reaching 933 MHz.

Now I just need the Sunon for less dBs. I put a smaller fan in the case for the time being.

Y-S makes a quiet 60mm fan. I thought that my Sunon on my P-7125 were too loud so I switched them to the Y-S.

Pat

Is this a thick (25mm) fan? Where did you buy it?

Thanks.

Back