• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan on ti4600 died

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

Sorry, i posted this in the video card section, but then saw another thread where someone asked about cooling on the video card, and someone referred them here.

K, I have the visiontek xtasy ti4600. Unfortunately, the fan died and visiontek went into bankruptcy, and I've heard them telling other customers that they're out of stock, and they're still out of stock 2 months after. I currently have a cooljag just sitting in a box unused and never has been used. I'm pretty sure the cooljag would work as I've been told this before, right?

What kind of adhesive would I need that's non-conductive and wont ruin my card if it goes onto the circuit board on accident. How do I remove the HS from the ti4600 without pulling off the gpu? Thanks.

OP
roYal

roYal

any cheap places to buy it that u know of so I don't have to bother searching a ton of different places on google?

Also, how to take off the gpu. Sorry that I don't search, I'm so busy wtih work, family, and college that I don't really have a ton of time.

I really appreciate your help people. Thanks and Happy New Year and Happy Holidays.

OP
roYal

roYal

Cool, thanks. Ya the cooljag 1u is the one I have. K, imma order some of that arctic alumna adhesive. Hopefullly this is the correct kind. http://store.yahoo.com/cputopiaonline/cputopia-arctic-alumina-thermal-adhesive-epoxy.html

I read some things telling me to take a blowdryer, and heat up the fan area and then twist the hsf fan off the gpu. However, that was for an ati card. Hopefully it's sufficient for the ti4600.

Those alumna adhesive instructions look like a pain in the ***. Anyone got a short version?