• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan question guys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

I RMA'D a set of fans out of my v10 and they sent me 2 sets. I called and they said keep them(OK!)

I want to wire them for system fans I have 3 of them as one was fubar'd

I am thinking about swapping the led's from red to blue to match my already blue led's in my current fans(or I just take them out all together.

I have a space big enough for one in between my card reader and rom drive sucking air in like the bottom one is doing over the hd's(but this one would be blowing across the ram and into the v10 heatpipes.

I was thinking about moving it closer to the ram so it's blowing harder on things it needs to.

I have 2 more where should I put them?I can put another one on the other side of my hd's like the thermaltake kit calls for and then one on the bottom of the case(sucking in or blowing out?????)

Next question with all that said one of these doesn't have a connector(cuz I was dumb and cut the wrong fan(idiot) I don't know what is power and ground and sensor and control(or whatever)

Can anyone help me? I've searched and searched and Coolermaster's online chat doesn't work.

fans

Coolermaster-V10-06.jpg

Last edited:

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
So you have four fans total?

Look up their CFM flow rates and then balance them accordingly as best you can.

Put one fan near your DVD and card reader, sucking in.

You already have one sucking in near your HDDs.

When you fix your third one, stick it on the back of the case (top) blowing out.

Put the last one on the side or at the top of the case if you have vents there, otherwise stuck the fourth one at the bottom of the case near the back.

You need to be sure that you're balancing your intake and outtake fans. You can't have all your fans blowing in or all blowing out, or they'll be fighting each other.

For the damaged fan wire - I don't have an immediate answer. You could try looking at your motherboard and seeing if the header has something like "GND", "SNGL" and "+5V" near it.

OP
GIXXERGUY6

GIXXERGUY6

So you have four fans total?

Look up their CFM flow rates and then balance them accordingly as best you can.

Put one fan near your DVD and card reader, sucking in.

You already have one sucking in near your HDDs.

When you fix your third one, stick it on the back of the case (top) blowing out.

Put the last one on the side or at the top of the case if you have vents there, otherwise stuck the fourth one at the bottom of the case near the back.

You need to be sure that you're balancing your intake and outtake fans. You can't have all your fans blowing in or all blowing out, or they'll be fighting each other.

For the damaged fan wire - I don't have an immediate answer. You could try looking at your motherboard and seeing if the header has something like "GND", "SNGL" and "+5V" near it.

yeah i'll look at the fold out thing tonight.

it's a thermaltake vh6000bws, stock (bullet fan)http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1164&ID=1792 <---that one in the back

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1277&ID=1408

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Front/sides= intake
Top/rear= exhaust

In most cases, you should have more exhaust thank intake.

Ready............ GO!

OP
GIXXERGUY6

GIXXERGUY6

Ready............ GO!

Where we going? Can I drive? :D

Thank for the tidbit of info. I knew there was some method to the madness but forgot it.

wait bottom???

intake?

edit nevermind

02_b_AirCooling_4.gif

question though can I hook 2 fans up to one sysfan header?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I wouldnt. I recall reading that wasnt a good idea as, like perfect said, it can potentially be taking more power than that little 3 pin fan header can handle.

psionic98

you could splice like that into a "good" fan controller like sunbeam rheobus, but probably a bad idea off the mobo connectors

OP
GIXXERGUY6

GIXXERGUY6

the reason I ask is the coolermaster fan config has a inline adapter that runs both fans off of the cpu1 fan header. Hell I'll just run each to it's seperate header no bigger :D