• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millard

Registered
O.K.... this is gonna sound really dumb but, hey, everyone makes mistakes... right?

Anyways, I was playing with my new rig last night, trying to fit the radiator fo my w/c system. It involved having to temporarily remove the fan from the radiator to secure it then put the fan back on... here's my dilema...

I forgot to make a mental note of which way the fan was facing (one side has a sticker on, the other doesn't)... anyone able to confirm the way it's supposed to face?

Son1990

There should be signs on the side of the fan itself with arrows pointing in the direction of the way the fan spins and which way the air flow is going. Try setting it up to pull (arrow facing away from rad) and then switch to push (arrow facing rad), see which one gets you better temps. There might not be a diffrence.

EDIT: Here is an example of what I mean by the "arrows"

GFB1212VHW_3.jpg

OP
millard

millard

Registered
I'm very new to w/c but I thought the fan was supposed to blow towards the rad to cool it???

Son1990

It can eaither blow onto it, or pull the heat from it. Find out which configuration works out best for you.

OP
millard

millard

Registered
Yer i guess that makes sense too! Thanks for your help...

Another question, what's the best way to monitor my temps? Is there a program that will do this for me or shall I just use my BIOS?

OP
millard

millard

Registered
sweet - I'm gonna go play with that program! lol

Thanks for helpin me out dude. :)

OP
millard

millard

Registered
:eh?:

i just installed and executed that program...

CPU - 255 (degrees C)
PWMIC - 128
Chipset - 60

Surley the cpu reading is wrong?! During the installation i noticed "NF4" - is this program designed to be used with the nForce 4 chipset?

Captain Helghas

Personally I like SpeedFan, as it will monitor my temps & voltage, as well as adjusting my fans in relation to the temps. Plus, with the right mobo, you can adjust your clockspeed. However it can be pretty confusing to start off with. I'll find a link to the walkthrough and post it here after my final this morning.

Son1990

If your using mbm you might have selected the wrong motherboard (while installing). Try updating your BIOS. This should fix both programs if they are both reading wrong.

Shadowknight281

I use Everest Home Edition. It's not as dependent as MBM on particular board models. MBM is no longer being updated anyway, so it's becoming an obsolete, non-updated program.