• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan replacement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iron Hawk

Thats the HS that i use, and yeah it is a bit loud. I bought it as a temp cooler before i got my WC setup. You could get an adapter that will allow you to put a large, quieter fan on.

trdsw20

I just made a fan adapter for my HS. I swapped the 60mm for the 80mm. There was less fan noise because of the bigger size but about the equal amount of air noise. Overall a pretty good fit and performance hasnt changed at all.
Oh yeah the weak 80mm fan came out of the junked PS as well. If you know anyone with a burnt out PS then theres your ticket to silence

EBFoxbat

Registered
Try insulating your case (For sound not heat.) Use A/C foam sold at hardware store. DON'T put it in any place were it will block air flow. It does not retain heat, but it does block it very well from leaving the case. Try putting it in empty bays.

On another note. If you have a cool case and the ambient temperate outside is very warm. Using A/c foam may not be a bad thing. However, if you cooling system fails and you don't know it, the heat build up in your case may turn your mobo and cpu into a nice melted pile of PCB. Just some food for thought.