• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far Cry 2 and quadzz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_LightRanger

Any of you guys know if FC2 will support quad cores? I heard a rumor about 8 cores, but I found that hard to believe.

http://blog.ubi.com/farcry2/

As mentioned in a prior picture blog, Far Cry 2 was featured at GDC by Philips with their AmBX system as well as Intel with their octo-core Skull Trail PC. Far Cry 2 takes full advantage of the AmBX system and we’ll have more details on how it works with Far Cry 2 in the future. The game’s Dunia engine is also designed from the group up to exploit multi-core processor systems, which we’ve heard our Technical Director explain the past.
Looks like we have a winner! :D

I remember seeing a tech demo and they said it would support SLI/CF and quadcore...
Isn't this game just an overhaul of UW2.5? Like Half-Life 1's revamp of the Quake engine.

Yay thideras, he beat me to it because I was distracted watching TV.

wow so i might be able to use my quad for gaming???
I already use my Quad for gaming, 2 cores for 1 game, 2 cores for another! :beer:
I'm often playing a game on my 24" monitor while playing video on my 42" Westy LCD, I love how free I am to multitask with a quadcore.

Sadly I'm going to have all four cores being taken by one game in the near future.

one thing i like about this game is the health system. If you get shot you have to pull the bullet out of you. Much more realistic that running over a medic pack or giant heart lol.

one thing i like about this game is the health system. If you get shot you have to pull the bullet out of you. Much more realistic that running over a medic pack or giant heart lol.

You gotta be kidding.. That's one of the things that bothers me about COD4.. Get shot 8 times, hide and catch your breath, run out, get shot some more, hide for a second, never die, it's pretty lame...

haha, pulling a bullet out of your arm, magically regenerating after taking lead to the chest, instantly healing with a medkit.

Looks counter strike got it right, or BF2 with the damages set correctly.

well i guess if it were realistic you would get hit once and be dead... that is if anyone hit u in the arm or leg, then you would be just easier to take down. Real healing time would be around a month or so and that would totally suck!

They got to draw the line somewhere, but i agree it would be better than cod4. just taking a breath heals you.....

One could always make a remark about how an online game's not real. In reality, get shot in the arm, you're probably useless for at least a while using the other arm to keep the blood in. Get shot in the leg, you may be done for action-wise. There's always going to be some arcade elements to FPS games in the near future. Either way, by getting shot once and die or ten times and die, you still learn your lesson on what not to die and all is still fair. I always thought it a bore to die in CSS and have to wait so long to spawn or in BF2, to die and have to march all the way back into action which may be a good way away. Ok, I get it, I'm dead and need to avoid it. Do I really have to do the same dull waiting game over and over when it's just so redundant and wastes so much time when I just want quick action. That way I can have my quick fun of playing a game and then resume my regularly scheduled program of tending to other important things IRL. Not all of us have a lot of time.

Hey finally a game with a decent health system. Never did like those games with health "recharging" over time or your character is the best doctor in the world and can heal any wound no matter how bad instantly with a simple field medkit. Get shot in the head with a rocket? Here, this medkit will put your brain back together instantly. Fall off a bridge? Here, this medkit will fix your back like it was new. All they need now is a decent damage mapping system, no more enemies dropping dead if you shoot them in the hand several times.
/end rant.

hah wow i can imagine if they really wanted to make it realistic, you would see people crawling around the map with no legs hah wow

I would love a game like that. I suppose disregarding the risk for losing sale from having to maybe rate it adult only, the logistics of the game probably make it too complex for modern PC's. But on second that, it would be like they did in SOF, just online and better graphics, so may be entirely do-able. But with graphics of today, it would create another generation of 'video games are too violent' soccer moms and such.

Back