• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fast New Build - HardLine Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It should be here Monday or Tuesday. I won't be able to work on it till Tuesday night or Wednesday though since i am leaving town today for work and get back Tuesday evening.

Josh

I'm wondering if I should have ordered some different tubing? The soft tubing will be short runs outside of the case and hidden behind my monitor so it won't be seen... However I'm now reading that it may discolor? I'm using the EK Clear coolant solution mixed with distilled water... Thoughts or do you think it will be okay?

Whoo hoo! Delivered! Can't wait to get home tomorrow. I am still waiting on one more quick disconnect though. Performance was short one so I ordered from Amazon and it hasn't shipped yet. :( hopefully it does soon!

IT'S HUGE!!!!!!

Can't wait to get this put together. Just waiting on one more quick disconnect.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Josh

Hey Guys!
UPDATE!

I finally got the MO-RA3 360 and the quick disconnect fittings installed on my system. It has since run a 10hr long leak test without issues. I will be putting my office back together this evening and will post up how the cooling system works now.

One thing that is nice is there is a LOT more coolant in the loop now. There was about .2 gallons in the loop before the Mo-RA3 was added. Now it took about .6 gallons of coolant! Whoo Hoo!

I am adding the adaptor deals to slow the fans down inside the system from 1,500 RPM to 1,000 RPM. This should help with how loud the system was. The 4 fans on the Mo-RA3 are virtually silent since they are only running at 700 RPM.

To power the fans and LEDs on the back of the radiator I built a small distribution box that will be powered from the 12V Molex in the tower. I am using a high grade hobby voltage regulator to drop the voltage from 12v to 5v to power the LEDs.

Can't wait to see how it works!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

Josh

I am slightly concerned that I may need to re-seat my CPU water block. It might have to much TIM applied. I am going to try out the system now as it stands BUT we will see how it does.

Josh

WHOO HOO!

Just got the system back together and running. I have been running Folding @ Home for over an hour now utilizing both GPUs and the CPU and it's running 16*C cooler than before! Last time I ran it my CPU hit 98*C within 1 minute of starting. Now I am going on 1 hour and currently sitting at 82*C. Idle temps are about 15*C cooler than before. I was also able to turn all my fans down and it's MUCH more quiet than before and I haven't put the side window on yet. Once I do it should be even quieter.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll get a picture up once I get my office put back together of the setup. Now if I can just get a decent score on FireStrike!

Josh

Josh, VERY NICE JOB and I love how you built the adapter for the fans. Isn't that MO RA3 marvelous? My MO RA3-420 is a tank. Suffice it to say you now have tons of rad capacity (essentially 3 more 360mm rads) in your loop. The only issue might be having a single D5 in your loop but I doubt it.

Let us know how your temps are after you reseat your cpu block.

Gkline,
Thank you. Yes the Mo-RA3 is awesome! It's big but it's awesome with how cool it runs. My D5 is doing well I think. I have it set to 67% at idle temps and 100% at load and i'm estimating it's moving just under 1gpm at idle and 1.4-1.5gpm at load. Who knows though without a flow meter... right now it's keeping things cool and thats all I care about. :D

I will not be re-seating my CPU Block. I think it is good.

Josh

I'm typing this message from my 4790k rig with 2 R9-290s all WC and running off my single MO RA3-420 PRO rad. When you factor in your internal 360+240 you have MORE rad space!

Good luck with one BEAST of a system!

Back