• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fast writes disabled!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bubba

How can I enable fast writes?I have a retail Radeon 8500 and its on my Shuttle AK35GTR.I have it enabled in the bios but Sandra and another program I ran is saying it is supported but not enabled.What's the deal?

Radeon8500 does not support Fastwrites..having it enabled can cause problems.. Fastwrites right now is only supported by Nvidia cards..

Radeon8500 will put up with fastwrites enabled on some systems without error.. 3dmark will note that it's disabled when you have it enabled, sisoft sandra will note you can use it when its disabled then turn around and say your card DOES NOT SUPPORT it when you enable it.. fact is Radeon8500 does not take any advantage of Fastwrites what so ever.. so best bet is to leave it off and save your self some problems.. and this goes for all chips sets not just Via..

Back