• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fastest cpu on th7II without overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jsy1968

hello,

i want to know whats the fastest cpu i can install on my th7 II without having to overclock? most i could do is update bios. i want to learn to overclock in time but for now i just want to know what the fastest p4 cpu that would work flawlessly on my th7II. what would i need for it to work?

thanks for any input..

james

Well, P4 2.4Ghz (400, not 533) will do fine. With that chip, you can be sure that it would work. Also those new 533 chips will also do, but your RDRAM would be limiting factor, because normally with TH7-II the fsb is 100 and with those new chips its 133. That woudl mean that you should overclock a bit your Rdramms.

We have had good luck with all the chips. I don't know about the 3.06 gig yet. I would go with whatever your pocket book will allow. Changes that will take a few minutes in the bios will allow you to run the 133 mhz chips 2.26 and up.

Logger

th7II
2.4b

hello logger anf frankie

so youre both saying that i can run the 533mhz chips flawlessly with just a bios change? i was wanting to upgrade to 2.4ghz [533fsb], will this work flawlessly on the th7II?

thanks!

james

Back