• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fatal exception ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

I am gettin .... "A fatal exception has occured at 0028:CO2BF1CD in VXD 105 (04) + 00002091. then it says the current application will be terminated ... It is a Compaq Presario 4840 with Windows 98 as the OS ... I really need to get a corporate logo off of it that my sister has been working on ... Thank you for any help guys !!!:)

Kingslayer come to think of it I did install the software for a Microtek ScanMaker 4800 last sunday...this fatal exception occured tuesday morning when I was turning the computer off.

The truth is fatal exceptions and invalid page faults are extremely difficult to troubleshoot. The cause could be literally anything software or hardware. If you only got this once, I wouldn't worry about it. Flukes like that happen once in awhile with Windows9x. If the error recurs, think back to whatever changed in your system recently before you started having the problem. If you suspect some software or hardware in causing the errors, search google and deja the keywords that describe the error and the name of the suspected culprit. If other people have had the same problem, you'll likely find some tips on how to fix it there.

Back