• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fault finding issue with new build i7 920 + P6T Deluxe V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JamesMore

I have at long last just about all the parts for my PC so I through I would do a dry run and test that all boots up in case I have to RMA some of the parts.

On boot Noting appears on screen fans spin up ect.

The P6T Deluxe V2 when plugged in has a Reset button and a power button
which glow red and green, respectively, when the motherboard is turned on or power is inserted to the PC.

On Power on by other the PC Button or Mother board Button the Asus White light comes on and I have a blue light near the ram (This is normal I guess)

I could not switch off the PC from the Power button I wired black as ground for the front pins.

Memory is setup so that all orange banks are filled (first bank is black and empty)

The 8pin ATX power connector was half covered with a clip ?? So I used a 4 pin ATX cable rather than the 8pn (why is is the EATX half covered)

I have a Prolimatech Megahalems for cooling at the moment I have not wired a fan to it as I wanted to check if the system would post

No harddrives are connected old days you had to have a disk connected is this still the case ?

Thermal paste was applied to CPU only the size of a pea and then just the weight of the Prolimatech Megahalems was used to spread it out

So any ideas or thoughs on the problem I would love peoples ideas.

P6T Deluxe V2
i7 920
Prolimatech Megahalems
Corsair XMS3 6Gig (3x2gig)
Asus EAH2400Pro
Off to see if I can find a PC speaker to check for beeps.

Back