• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fav temp monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the Digitaldoc5 for its number of channels and the ability to switch fans on and off by temperature (and up and down with a simple mod),
The Nexus super panel for the looks and the "volume control" fan speed adjustment,
But my favourite is the little Senfu display, battery powered, simple, cheap and accurate, with a long enough probe lead that it can be sat on the desk to monitor the chosen temp at a glance.

I use MBM. I have the nexus multipanel purely for contolling my 1 tornado and monitoring my case temps. I am going to try speedfan soon, though. :D

Compunurse(one shoved next to CPU die, one taped to side of HD), in conjunction with Asus Probe because I like charts and graphs.

I do use MBM5 occasionally to(not with Asus Probe running though). MBM5 reports the diode temps a degree or 2 lower actually then my compunurse probe thats next to the CPU die.

I use MBM since a few days ago and while its a ***** to set up (I cant believe I had to read instructions!) its great with the best part being I have the 3 temps and 2 cpu usages in the taskbar permanently.

MBM is continually inproving their software and always trying to add to compatibility. I would not need anything else if my mobo read the TBRED temps correctly in the first place :mad:. For that I will be ordering a compunurse shortly :D.

DarkJediSleikas said:
Speedfan is better than MBM. Speedfan is not bogged down by pointless graphs and analog displays, it just tells you what you need to know.

thats why i use coolmon...
i can fully customize it to show me exactly what i need

Coolmon is great for its custimizability, and it uses MBM5 to read temps. I d/l'ed SpeedFan and it is nice too, but i think I'll stick with Coolmon for now.

Back