• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEAR Benchmark Score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

hey guys.

My system currently at 2000MHz with my 6600GT
with:
Computer set on High
Graphics Card:
All Effects on Maximum
All graphics on Maximum
-FSAA 4x
-Anisotropic 16x

I managed to pulled out:

FPS
Minimum: 11
Average: 34
Maximum: 77

FPS Distribution:
23% below 25 FPS
52% between 25 and 40 FPS
25% over 40 FPS

How does that look ?

I am very impressed by the graphics ! Are they built off the source engine as its sierra?

Ps2cho,

99GrandAmSE

personaly, i don't like the engine...the game is unbelieveable....but it is such an unnessesary resource hog.

my laptop has a 64mb go5200 at 196/420 which can run games on the Doom engine and the source engine beautifully, but the FEAR engine can only run on minimum graphics to even have the game be playable

i understand the game is amazing on a massive PC, but i don't think that the engine is that necessary to make a good game.

Anyway, just a matter of an opinion. The game is pretty freaking sweet though

Kyle

shard

ps2cho said:
hey guys.

My system currently at 2000MHz with my 6600GT
with:
Computer set on High
Graphics Card:
All Effects on Maximum
All graphics on Maximum
-FSAA 4x
-Anisotropic 16x

I managed to pulled out:

FPS
Minimum: 11
Average: 34
Maximum: 77

FPS Distribution:
23% below 25 FPS
52% between 25 and 40 FPS
25% over 40 FPS

How does that look ?

I am very impressed by the graphics ! Are they built off the source engine as its sierra?

Ps2cho,

Well first off, its a completly monoliths engine, thus why its a hog, if I remember correctly, its their first one, still looks awsome. Second, Sierra has nothing to do with Valve anymore, Valve does all their own publishing from now on (Steam).

And lastly, those look like some decent frames. Hope you enjoy the game!

Prodigious

What res are you running at, because frankly I don't believe that's possible on a 6000gt and Athlon xp at any decent res(1024x768 and up). Not to say you're a liar, but all settings max with 4/16? I mean soft shadows and max volumetric lighting alone would bring a 6600 to it's knees wthout ANY AA and only 4xAF. I'm just not seeing how it's possible.

OP
ps2cho

ps2cho

I'm having trouble getting screenshots of it cos my printscreen button has never worked and for some unknown reason, my mouse in FEAR suddenly dissapears after a few seconds...
:confused:

I'm trying to get screenshots...arghhh stupid thing.
Ill edit the post with the screenshots when i can get them

EDIT: Ok i dotn get it. THe mouse will not show up, restarted comp, everything. So i cant bring up the other menus ! WHAT THE HECK ? I dont get it. Suddenly it just disapears.

EDIT2: Well i guess this is the best you can get... :/ you'll just have to believe me. You can see the mouse is gone andi cant access the other menus.
FEAR2005-12-1215-54-29-29.jpg
FEAR2005-12-1215-53-10-20.jpg
FEAR2005-12-1215-53-01-71.jpg

Last edited: