• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feature Update 2004 Taskbar glitch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Not sure if this is a glitch or intentional. But on my computers that have the Windows 10 May 2020 Feature update installed (aka, 2004) I can no longer change the position of the taskbar icons. Previously, I could drag and drop them at will. If you have this new update, please check this on your systems and let me know if it is happening with others or is peculiar to the systems I have.

Wait, my wife's computer still has version 1909 and it has the same issue. I get a context menu with both left and right mouse buttons when I click on any taskbar icon and left click and hold will not allow me to drag the icon to a different position on the taskbar. Seems like a mouse setting or some other Windows setting. Let me investigate.

Attachments

• TB1a.jpg
    TB1a.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 90
  • TB2b.jpg
    TB2b.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 90
Okay, one of those times when you are embarrassed at your own stupidity. I've moved taskbar icons around in the taskbar millions of times but for some reason today my aging brain told me to do it differently than I usually do. My problem was I was trying to slide them up and over instead of just over.

I have two PCs that have Windows 10 installed in them.
And both are working fine.
There is no glitch in the taskbar icons at all.

Mind you, I am using Windows 10 2004.

I have two PCs that have Windows 10 installed in them.
And both are working fine.
There is no glitch in the taskbar icons at all.

Mind you, I am using Windows 10 2004.

You're right. There is no tasbar glitch. Please read my last post that preceded yours.

My 2004 glitch is when I try to go into themes from settings it just closes. I have the Themes service running but not sure what other services are tied to Themes to function. Anyone know what exact services are required for Themes to open up to change?

Back