• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedex slow???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

On friday some memory shipped from newegg... I got my tracking number hours ago and I just now looked at it. It says Shipped on 7/2/04.. expected delivery date 7/9/04
WTF... I have ordered stuff before (and it came from the same newegg storehouse) and it only took 3 days from the time I clicked "submit" on the order to when it was on my door. And that was over a weekend too! I know there is a holiday.. but I thought surelly they were still transporting and delivering stuff. Even if they do have the day off... why in the hell would it now take 7 days to get here???

You think this is for real or this is an error? Before I have always gotten them 1 day before the expected delivery date...

Tatuya

Same thing here but mine is one day earlier and says 7/8/04. Sunday and Monday FedEx doesn't work IIRC because monday is a "holiday". It stinks but it is just a KVM switch for me. But then again, my iPod got to chicago (and then disappeared) in 2 days.

Also, FedEx is getting overburdened now IMO and that is why dates are set back so far and they are starting to lose a lot more packages. Just last week they lost a shipment from my mother's work and then they lost my ipod...I really don't feel safe and content with them anymore.

TxAMD

I placed an order with newegg last Tuesday(6/29/04) around 9am. I was expecting it to be here by Friday since everyone says how fast they ship things. But no, scheduled delivery on 7/06/04. I'll suck it.

OP
PCGUY112887

PCGUY112887

well I checked fedex and at 5:38am my package arrived in Missouri (really close to where I live) and last time a package was there the next day it was delivered.

Odie812

In general, ALWAYS expect your package to arrive one day earlier than Fedex estimates. This is pretty much a safety precaution on their part. Secondly, if you have ordered any items from Newegg that packed and shipped before Saturday July 3rd, expect them to take a little bit longer because of the holiday. Fedex won't be delivering on Monday, so business is pushed back one day.

Hope this helps,

Odie :)

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Yeah, nothing at Fedex or UPS moves during the weekend. It usually does come a day early, but if you order, say, Wednesday, it might wait all the way until Monday (or Tuesday, if Monday's a holiday) to arrive.

OP
PCGUY112887

PCGUY112887

Well it moved on Saturday and Sunday... and it has frozen on that last update being sunday, at 3am... It just reads as
Status: Package Status Comments: Package in FedEx location....
wtf does that mean? It's been stuck there for 2 days...