• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feet for my computer case...need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Detho9000

Registered
I have an antec case and I hate the feet that it comes with.

I'm doing a lot of mods to it and I figured I'd go all the way and get some fashionable feet for it.

Any Suggestions?

-D9K

Wiseass

we put these on my daughters bed legs :p

maybe something like this?

heheh

PE052511.JPG

bubba gump

If ur gonna use something meant for human feet for the computer, ull have to find a way to keep it steady under the weight of ur beast, becase if it just smooshed em to the ground id think it was a pointless endeavour....

Maybe if you stick some sort of pole in the place where the old feet screw's were, and hten that could maybe go into the shoe or someting so it would sort of be risen a bit more, but hte hightop's of the shoes would give it a feet affect..oh ya and if u are going to use a pole to support it with a shoe around it, the base obviously needs to be a good amount wider than the top point...

Good Luck!
'Bump

bubba gump

I was actually pretty serious w/the shoes :) That would be pretty nice for a kid's case or sometin along those lines...

But hmm, those feet could give a medievil look to his case....:)

'Bump

OP
Detho9000

Detho9000

Registered
I wasn't planning on giving it a pair of Nikes :p however it might be funny

Wiseass's idea was pretty decent. Those particular feet would clash with the case, but something along those lines is what I'm looking for. I'm kinda imaging round feet like what they put on the bottom of stereo equipment.

-D9K

sandman001

Just Freeze It
how about a roll of duct tape turned on it's side?

What? you don't want it to look ghetto?

fine then.........

Curly

Registered
I took off the round flat feet on my Coolermaster and installed some 1 1/2" cabinet casters. It's alot easier to move the case now on carpet. You can get them at any home improvement store (Menard's, Lowe's, Home Depot.....) for like $5 a set.

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
bubba gump said:
Hmm, those look like they would work CS, but id think they are a bit to small? With a diameter of ~1/2" they seem as tho the carpet would engulf them...or if they were on a hard/solid surface it wouldnt be to noticeable...
Yeah, I missed the word "FASHIONABLE" in his original request.

I don't like case feet. I only get feet if I don't way my case to scratch hardwood flooring or my metal desk.

Abra_Volta

A friend of mine got rid of the feet on his computer. Instead he took a couple pieces of those flimsy rubber pads used to help people open jars and superglued them to the bottom.

Doesn't move an inch and protects anything from being scratched up. I suppose if you need a bit of clearance you could take a thicker piece of plastic/lexan and then glue on the rubber pad.

palee72

Create a "box" out of thick (.25") Lexan/Plexi. large enough to just fit the outside of your case. Cut them so they are about 2.5" high. Then either cut another piece of lexan/plexi so that it fits inside the "box". Glue it about about .5" from the top to form a tray. When it is dry, set your PC in the top of the box and it will sit about 2" off the ground.

For added effects, at a CC under to highlight the edges of the lexan/plexi. Etch a design in it. Make it look like it's hovering..

four4875

layer some acrylic, use acrylic glue to hold it together (and be clear) and then use a hole saw in a drill to make them to size and round you want. then take some time to polish it like, and set a few LEDs in there (make holes) so they glow, and are a nice, round, nice lookin feet.