• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FFXI randomly rebooting pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

I've noticed the past two nights that FFXI has been crashing my pc, and causing it to reboot on its own!! This doesn't happen with any other game that I've tried (GTA3:VC and Call of Duty). I just booted FFXI, step into the next room (kitchen) to make a drink, turned and looked, my PC was at the BIOS post...

I have no idea what's wrong, I've checked files in FFXI...I'm confused.

Flashfx2

By any chance you left your character running and you zoned. I've heard of peoples computers crashing when they zone. Happened to me once.

OP
G

gravitywell

nope :(
he was just sitting by the outpost, wasn't but 10 minutes, was in the healing position, I glance over and desktop!

:(

I think I need to reformat, trying to find a friend at a college that can get me Win XP Pro for $10 :p

I digress, I've virus scanned, checked files, updated Win2k, and defraged ALL of my drives. I dunno what else to do. I'll try drivers I guess

YellowDart

Does it do that anywhere else? Any other apps (not necessarily just other games)? Could maybe be a heating or PSU issue if that's the case... Also, did you try reinstalling the game?

OP
G

gravitywell

could be heat...we have the heat running

its only ffxi that reboots.

I honestly...dont want to reinstall FFXI....its a...well, pain

|\/|oDdiC(_)$

oy! i know what ur talking about, get a new power supply, and throw in more fans, and uve fixed ur problem, FFXI can be a very GFX intensive game, and thus a high end GFX card will suck up juice, make sure u got a over 400 watt Power Supply, and throw is some fans, and youre all set, happened to me couple times, then figures out it was my PS, and was too weak for my rig. I recommend the Antec Truepower Series of PS's, theyre top notch! give it a try and report back.