• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

File server case suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have enough spare parts to build a second machine that will be used for folding, file/proxy server, dedicated game server, firewall, etc.

Important things are small, cheap, not ugly (good looking even), good cooling, not a cheap POS. I will mostly be using some spare 80mm fans...

EDIT: 350W decent PS.

There are TONS of cheap and good looking cases at both newegg.com and directron. It might be easier for you to look since people ahve a differnt precetion of what looks good and what is small... I would suggest getting one with out a PSU (or with a cheapo one that you don't use) and then gettings a 350w forton for the PSU.

I think it looks ugly:p But Forton is deffinatly good and i think channel well is the base for Antec or somthing, not quite sure so don't quote me on that. And I have never heard of maxpower.

Last edited:
Homer Simpson changes his name to Max Power in one of the simpsons, not really relevant but it made me giggle on the inside...

Fortron is a great brand(also sold as sparkle). Channel Well makes the Antec PSUs and has quality stuff as well.

Back