• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

File Sharing...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o0OBruceLeeO0o

I have my first home network up and running now, if you would call it a network (2pcs hooked to a router to share dsl :p ) and I havent the slighest idea on the best way to share files between them. Both PC's have winxp Pro. I tried setting something up with network wizard ( I had no idea what I was doing ) and that just majde me lose my dsl connection and I had to re-install the router software to get it back to normal. So if anyone knows a simple way to do it please tell me. Thank you

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
Its been a while but i can tell you for sure dont do the wizards.

I havent had to enable sharing in winXP for a long time. so I wont give you bad advice. But I can tell you that usualy to share you need to right click the folder and select sharing. I think XP prompts you and that is why I am not sure.

Also yiou need to disable your software firewall...

WildArmSX

if you want to share file between the two PC you will need to make sure that the file are in a directory that you can share. from there you will need to right click on the folder and select sharing. A window will pop up and ask you if you want to share or not in the form of clicking a box. do this and instant file sharing. There is a folder which is always being shared in WinXP but i don't remember sorry.