• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Fantasy 13

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

Had a surprise in my inbox today. Too bad it's console only, for now...

Squeenix said:
Influential and always pushing new boundaries, FINAL FANTASY has transcended generations and cultures for over 20 years. Behind each entry in the series is a team of the most talented minds devoting years of their craft to create. Now, the creative minds that brought you FINAL FANTASY VII and FINAL FANTASY X take the acclaimed series into an entirely new realm with FINAL FANTASY XIII, an entry that touts the series' most impressive cinematic experience, once again setting the new standard in RPG gaming.

Square Enix is truly excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY XIII will be released on March 9, 2010. The much anticipated FINAL FANTASY XIII is the first FINAL FANTASY title developed specifically for high-definition consoles, and also marks the beginning of a brand new chapter in the franchise, FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Dealt a fate that marks them a threat to Cocoon—humankind's floating haven in the sky—Lightning, Snow and the others must find the strength within themselves to break free of their curse and fight for what they believe in. An immersive story of destiny, decisions and faith is about to unravel.

The date has been set. The rest is up to you.

The site: http://na.square-enix.com/ff13/

Attachments

• ff13.jpg
    ff13.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 418

iaacp

Still on the fence about this one. The last FF's I played were 8 and 9. Plus, I don't really like the main character from what I've seen (I wish they didn't go with a girl), and the supporting characters all seem a bit iffy.

I'm sure I'll pick it up to try it though. I mean, it's final fantasy! If it gives me a solid RPG experience, that can easily over come my few cautions about it.

OP
ratbuddy

ratbuddy

Still on the fence about this one. The last FF's I played were 8 and 9. Plus, I don't really like the main character from what I've seen (I wish they didn't go with a girl), and the supporting characters all seem a bit iffy.

I'm sure I'll pick it up to try it though. I mean, it's final fantasy! If it gives me a solid RPG experience, that can easily over come my few cautions about it.

Hell, you missed 10 and 12??? Grab em NOW.

iaacp

I dunno man, I heard 10 was just about an angsty emo kid and I herad 12 had a new fighting system that I'm not sure if I like. Is it turn based or no?

Is FF13 not turn based? It looks like its not.

OP
ratbuddy

ratbuddy

I dunno man, I heard 10 was just about an angsty emo kid and I herad 12 had a new fighting system that I'm not sure if I like. Is it turn based or no?

Is FF13 not turn based? It looks like its not.

No idea on 13, but 10 and 12 are some of the best PS2 games ever made, emo kid or no.

shard

10 and 12 definitely did not have any angsty kids. Annoy pricks? yes. But not angsty. I liked em both alot, and I usually dont get into JRPG's that much.

zexmarquies01

Cool, I might pick them up then. They age well?

FF10's voice acting SUCKS. it didn't age well, because it was never good to begin with.

FF12 has aged pretty well. They went with more textures and less polygons than FF10. I think it looks much better than 10.

Personally, I hated FF10. I can't stand Tidus. I hate his face, I hate his voice, I just hate his character. I hated the ending.

But then again, I LOVE FF8, but dislike FF9. So take my opinions with a grain of salt. :D

Blue Jester_2112

I was all amped for 13 until I saw one of the more recent trailers which had some dialogue it in it. It seemed like a bunch of whiney, emo garbage. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Kuroimaho

Will get it as soon as it comes out, my sister comes home a day earlier it comes out here so probably we can play something together after a long time. Will be my second PS3 game I get on launch day.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member

You also missed 7... how could you miss that one out?!?!

I didn't like 12 so much... it started off good but it just got to the point where i just wanted to finish it... 10 was brilliant... even tho tidus is an anooying whining child Auron more than makes up for it... he is 100% awesome...

nightelph

I haven't had some solid rpg action since Fallout3 crapped on me and Oblivion before that. That was for PC, but I DO have a PS3. This looks tempting.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
I'll definitely get this, I have all the others...

I'm still waiting on a new Final Fantasy Tactics, it's by far the best FF in my opinion; It's followed closely by FF3/6 and FF7.

OP
ratbuddy

ratbuddy

Holy crap. Check out the trailers at http://www.finalfantasyxiii.com/#/content/Media

I only watched the international one so far but.. I need to get a PS3 or 360. The trailer makes it perfectly obvious why it took so long to get a current-gen FF title. It looks amazing. Gonna wait for a review to see which system plays it better, hopefully on launch day. Leaning 360 because I'd like to play Blue Dragon and a few other titles.