• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Fantasy XI won't uninstall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Admiral Falcon

Registered
I'm trying to uninstall Final Fantasy XI from my machine, but it won't uninstall. Going through Add/Remove Programs and trying to uninstall either Final Fantasy XI or the PlayOnline stuff won't work. It pops up the dialog that says "Setup is preparing the InstallShield wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the maintenance process," gets to about halfway through the progress bar, and then quits for no discernable reason. The program is still listed in Add/Remove Programs, and the 6 gigs of files are still taking up space on my drive. What's wrong here?

EDIT: Never mind. Doing a reinstall/uninstall did the trick. Disregard.

klath

Lol, never just delete the install folder. The game will still leave the registry settings, any files installed in your system folder, etc. By doing so, you will be deleting the files required by the uninstaller as well.