• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final pick for watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snakegb

Registered
Hi all,

Here is hopfully my final pick for my water cooling setup
This is what am cooling :-
Asus Maximus Formula (with 3/8) watercooler on board
intel Q6600 2.4 @ 3.6 (hope)
4x1mb Crucial Ballistix Tracer 5-5-5-15
Powercolor 3870 512MB
620W Corsair PSU
320GB WD Sata
2 dvd wr

Here is the water cooling bits
XSPC X2O Delta
XSPC Dual 750 Bay Reservoir & Pump
EK HD 3870 GPU Water Block
Alphacool NexXxoS Xtreme lll Rev2 Triple Radiator
8 X EK 3/8" Hose fitting
XSPC 3/8" High Flexibility PVC Tubing - 3m
Fluid - water & Anti-Freeze

Would just like to know :-
1) is a 620w psu good enough
2) will the X20 Delta fit on the m/b as i read maximus is quite tight
3) have I made any bad errors in my cooling bits that ive matched

Thanks

saxile

The EK HD3870 block will not fit on that powercolor card first off, nor will it fit the blue pcb sapphire cards. I would hit a 800w psu myself, just for insurance. Cpu water block for best preformance go either d-tek with quad split nozzle or ek block. Fluid, drop the antifreeze, not needed doesn't help anything, just hampers imho, just add a biocide and you'll be good to go. Also would go with 1/2 over the 3/8, better cooling with it, final step, best cooling go with thermochill pa120.3

xspc x2o delta vs d-tek http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/cases_cooling/xspc_x2o_delta_cpu_waterblock/5

Dawgdoc

That psu will be enough for that setup.

I agree. Especially if you only have 1 hard drive.

I ran a HX620W with a highly OCd C2Q, Moderately OCd 8800 GTX, 4 SATA HDs, 2 SATA DVDs, bunch of case fans, UV lights, blah blah blah.....

I still had a bunch to spare.

saxile

Like I said, extra insurance, just in case of extra draw components, such as more video cards, more pumps, etc, I always try to go 200 extra watts just for some head room for changes.

Perseus

Like I said, extra insurance, just in case of extra draw components, such as more video cards, more pumps, etc, I always try to go 200 extra watts just for some head room for changes.

Beyond the insurance policy aspect of buying up, a PSU runs cooler, is more stable and will last longer when its utlization curve is relatively low.