• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final preperation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemings

Well, placing the order later on this week, I am hoping I will see a significant difference (which I know I will) in the upgrade, as I am coming from 800mhz processor/ Geforce mx400. Any way... here is the final product..

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
EVGA 7800GT
2gb G.skill extreme series
Epox 9npa Ultra
Hitachi t7k250 160gb (Would love to get the 250 gb version of this but newegg is out of stock :/)
Getting an antec server tower w/ 500 watt Truepower 2.0 power supply included.

Feel free, in fact, please do post if you see any thing gone over looked (Take note will be gutting the dvd rom out of this system) Also am trying to stay within a $1,075 max here.

FlakMonkey

Get the AMD 3200+ instead of the 35. Another psu, the Fortron Bluestrom 500W should do well. Also the RAM may be a little much depending on your OC. For the HDD, you should wait till they are in stock then becuase thats a lot of space just to give up.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

i think your psu should be fine if it is indeed an antec that comes with the case. probably dont need 2gb of that ram. 1gb should be enough.

ckj

If you're overclocking, feel free to drop down to the 3000+ in exchange for a 7800gtx. The videocard will improve your gaming much more than the 3500+ would, if you're OCed that is.

OP
lemings

lemings

I plan to overclock it mildly as I have no after market heatsinks as of yet. I am only getting 2gb as I heard BF2 runs quiet better with the 2gb increase... If it is only a small difference, please tell me other wise and I will save that extra $100 :)